72 danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denny

Reaction score
Hi . After a childhood with bays as the family transport I have at 50 finally got one of my own and with very little homework just gut feeling we find ourselves the very proud owners of a 72 crossover danbury and we haven't stopped smiling . So here's the first two of many questions . The interior is mostly original so would I be committing camper crime by removing it and modernising ? Having Electronic ignition seems like a no brainier to me dose anybody recommend ?

Your bus , you do as you want to, it's taken long enough to get there.
Changed my ignition as soon as I got it and carry a spare to. :lol:
Enjoy the ride.

J & P
:D :D :D

Thanks for the reply ,I'm a cabinetmaker so looking forward to getting on with the interior

Hi and welcome! :D

I have a '72 Danbury too, and also had a childhood with a bay... a '72 Danbury from new!

Re keeping the interior, you need the bus to accomodate your needs, and at least if you are a cabinet maker, you can make it to suit.
Only thing I would say, is that if the interior is indeed mostly original and in good shape, and if you had sufficient storage, maybe I would keep it, in case you wanted to ever put it back to stock, but I'm sure you wouldn't be ripping out your own handiwork any time soon! :lol:

Let's have plenty of photos please!

Doug

Danbury Doug said:
Only thing I would say, is that if the interior is indeed mostly original and in good shape, and if you had sufficient storage, maybe I would keep it, in case you wanted to ever put it back to stock, but I'm sure you wouldn't be ripping out your own handiwork any time soon! :lol:

Hi and Welcome,

Be sure to check out the trdaers section on this site as lots of us traders offer forum members a good discount.

I agree with the sentiments above, if you have the room do try and keep the interior OR if not having the room to keep it I am sure someone doing a restoration would be appreciative of the chance to buy a complete interior, maybe the for sale section on here?

All my best,

Alex

Latest posts