72 dormy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI ALL, SOME MORE PICS OF THE VAN,GOT ALL THIS WEEK OFF SO LOTS OF WORK TO BE DONE,FIRST ON THE LIST IS TO PREP THE ENGINE BAY AND INSIDE FOR PAINT,BIT ARSE ABOUT TIT I KNOW ,BUT ITS HOW IT HAD TO BE DONE UNFORTUNATLEY. :?
18012010043.jpg

CHECK OUT THE REFLECTION IN THE SLIDING DOOR ,ME LIKES THAT :D
23012010071.jpg

23012010074.jpg

23012010076.jpg

WILL POST SOME MORE UP AS THE BITS START GOING BACK ON , LATERS :D

ELO,THOUGHT I WOULD POST A FEW PICS OF WHAT WE CUT OUT
picsfromoldpc103-1.jpg

THIS WAS A NICE SURPRISE WHEN THE SCREEN CAME OUT :x
chrispics014.jpg

AND THIS WAS A NICE SURPRISE WHEN THE DASH CAME OUT :lol:
new001.jpg

new014.jpg

MORE GOOD NEWS AFTER THR REAR QUARTERS CAME OFF :shock:
chrispics061.jpg

AS YOU CAN SEE THE REAR END NEEDED A LTTLE WELDING :lol:

You must have deep pockets nipper! :shock:

Keep it up ,you will love it when your driving it around later you wait and see! :)

monkeyvanwestybike said:
You must have deep pockets nipper! :shock:

Keep it up ,you will love it when your driving it around later you wait and see! :)
CHEERS BUD,I DID DRIVE IT FOR TWO YEARS IN ITS PREVIOUS STATE,LOVED IT THEN,CANT WAIT TO FINISH IT.

Just a little work on the back of the van required then :shock:

Well done so far - you will get there (one day) in the end and it will all have been worth it ;)

gninnam said:
Just a little work on the back of the van required then :shock:

Well done so far - you will get there (one day) in the end and it will all have been worth it ;)
the end is in sight now, i have learned so much this last year about bodywork,welding and so on,i have been quite lucky as the guy who done the resto is also a very good friend and he let me spend most of my free time working on the van with him.i stripped the van all but the engine out,he worked his magic with the welder,i done a lot of filling and rubbing down,basically all the donkey work but i have loved almost every minute of it,my only low point was when he informed me i needed a new rear roof section and they were slim pickings with prices over 250 quid :shock: ,but the fella at nosvw sorted me out one for 50(cheers dude sorry cant remember your name),top bloke very helpful.
my only problem now is getting enough free time to get it finished :x

Latest posts