'72 named "Janota" - Portugal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nezz

Reaction score
hi :D

I came across this forum, and wanted to share some pics of my '72 bay. her name is Janota (I guess is neat in english). she came from Netherlands in '83 and has stayed in Portugal ever since. I´m the 3rd owner here. these pics show how she looked like when I bought her back in 2003
unrestored.jpg

KAMPERWAGEN-2.jpg

I´ll keep posting some pics and part of her history with me

289432.jpg

ps: sorry for any mistake

Welcome and nice looking bus, whats with all the metal work trimming the side of the van? is it for an awning?

awning means a type of tent? :oops:
I never saw what those trims were for, but the seller said they were used for a enormous tent

Harlequin: não percebi/didn´t understand

thaks to all :wink:

the only diference is in the thickness (?) of numbers and letters. ours are black. many mistakes are taken: in the oficial book of the meeting in Hannover of the 60 years, there are at least 3 portuguese T2, that are refered as Dutch.
one aspect that is funny is that my bay came from Netherlands, so she had those Dutch plates between '72 and '83

Welcome and nice bay - glad you got rid of the metal bits for the 'tent' :wink:

those were awful. during 2005 she was up to a minor resto and painting and turned out like this
Z50-Kamperwagen-1.jpg

that is my father´s '74 Honda Z50, that I use on holidays

then I started doing the interiors
pantera.jpg

interior-longe.jpg

interior.jpg

KAMPERWAGEN-INTERIOR-2.jpg

new carpets (?) fitted in the cabin as well
tapete-1.jpg

cleaned the original upholstery of the front seats (clean vs non cleaned)
bancos.jpg

and here with the '74 french late bay
Dscn3312.jpg

still lots of things to do

Hello mate and welcome, nice bus coming on super well 8)

just some more photos from trips we´ve made (all in Portugal)
KAMPERWAGEN11.jpg

KAMPERWAGEN7.jpg

nos.jpg

Madalena and I, she loves driving the bus and says it´s easier than driving my Subaru Vivio

janota1-1.jpg

Dscn4604.jpg

Dscn4610.jpg

at this moment she´s at the "doctor" (has worked with VW engines for 30 years now) solving some drooling problems. this summer we´re going to northern Spain

when she arrives I´ll post more pics of the interior (floor and curtains) and also a pic from the brake fluid reservoir that stands behind the driver´s seat. I´ve never seen it there in any other bus

ps: by reading other topics I noticed many times you refer the word MOT. what does it mean? :oops:

MOT is the yearly inspection in the UK.

Nice bus by the way, interesting colours.

Personally I love Portugal, me & my girlfriend went there for our first vacation, it was a tiny village in the Algarve. We had a blast!

One day we'll go back :cool:

Looks like good times! 8) I really can't wait to have those temperatures over here! :( They expect snow for the weekend.... :shock: :(

As for the brake fluid reservoir, I've seen it just once in a van of a friend of mine. He has drumbrakes with 'assisted brakes' (I don't know how to call it in English :oops: ). I don't know how rare it is.

Hello, my 71 has the resevoir mounted behind the drivers, trying unsuccessfully to find a new / NOS replacement.....

Bom dia and welcome to the Forum from a fellow Portuguese 72 owner :wink:
Love the Honda by the way.

hello again :wink:
I´ve had some problems with my previous login

continuing my adventures with Janota. I got a present from my mom: a suitcase from 1972
mala.jpg
mala1.jpg

new curtains
cortinas.jpg

and the engine upgrade
naOSGA.jpg

before
motorantes.jpg

after
motordepois.jpg

and the foglight
farol.jpg

nice fog light, and how did you get the engine so clean? i assume you removed it and dismantled?

yes, it was removed and everything dismantled, but that was made by the hands of a mechanic with 30 years experience in VW engines

some more pics
DSC_1026.jpg

DSCN6015.jpg

sines.jpg

zambujeira-400.jpg

Latest posts