73 Crossover Tintop (Built Sept 72)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversurfer

Reaction score
I bought this as a standard Danbury Camper 3 years ago, based on a Microbus so all windows are factory size, Calypso Campers interior,Recon engine, all running gear renewed, alternator, Webber carb,and more.
Being a 'Later' Early Bay, it has front disc brakes, very handy!! :lol:

Ourbusemail.jpg

seats1.jpg

Seats from Toyota MR2 (£43 the pair, on e-bay!)

inside.jpg

int3.jpg
int2.jpg

int8.jpg
int9.jpg

Interior has carbon fibre style veneer units and checker plate vinyl floor with grey velour fabric. 3/4 rock and roll bed, mains hookup ,3way fridge,internal water supply with electric pump,2 burner hob,etc
The silver Venitian blinds round it off.

PICT0404.jpg

PICT0581.jpg
PICT0595.jpg

Got up early for Brighton Breeze, and beat every one there!! :p
Didn't take long for the others to turn up 8)

So far we have made it to all the UK meets, Classic Le Mans twice, Holland(Hoeven Dutch T2 Event) twice, driven through France to Northern Spain and back, Toured the East Coast of England (had to see Scarborough and Skegness :wink: ) and much more, great fun these buses :lol:

Next on the list, a Trailer??

2c_1_b.jpg

Something like this I think,sprayed to match with empi wheels 8)

Cheers Tom&Sue

Those seats fit a treat, good call.

To date i've only been able to recommend Hyundai coupe or mx5 seats as a good fit modern chair, theres another for the list 8)

Cool bus silver surfer like it alot 8)

i had modern seat in mine but went back to orignals as the ride was harsh on the back. but yours look comfy.

Hi Bruce
These MR2 seats have adjustable lumbar support, and seat hight/thigh adjustment.
After driving overnight to Spain I found I could still walk when I got out of the Bus!! (very useful when trying to find the nearest Bar :D )

Cheers Tom.

Hi Tom

AHHH straight to the bar the only trouble with foriegn bars they dont sell cider :lol:

Quality van dude, love the blinds hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :idea: may have to look into this.

Nice work dude!

clyde said:
Saw this bus when it came on the ferry from Dover to Dunkerque. Looks nice in the flesh.

Hi Clyde, we were on our way to the Dutch 'Bay Window only' meeting in
Hoeven near Breda. :D

Check out their site, loads of photos from 2006/2005 meets:-

http://www.busmeeting.nl/

Cheers Tom&Sue.

First time I have seen your bus and like everyone says, looks very nice 8)

Hope to see you (and everyone else on the forum) sometime next year :D

how many cool buses are there on this site

very very nice van sir :D

If any of you live near Chelmsford, Southend, Bishop's Stortford, Enfield,
or Cambridge, check out a local meet with Splitterz.

http://www.splitterz.co.uk/

Cheers Tom(Silversurfer)

Latest posts