A large Dinky Toy!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henri

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new here on the board and also new to 'owning an aircooled vehicle'.
About two months ago I purchased a nice 1970 panel in dove blue (Taubenblau) which previously was owned by a real enthousiast who took good care of it!

I purchased it as a company vehicle, because I needed a little more room then my Porsche 944S provides to haul around toy and model cars. (I own a webshop selling model cars, and since one month also a 'real' shop doing the same)

Anyway, just dropped a note to say hello, and here is a pic of my sweet ride, beloved by many already!

IMG_2006b.jpg

Just two days after the lettering was applied, the nose VW emblem was stolen :evil:

Hello and welcome! :D

Beautiful van you've got there. Shame about the nose emblem. I remember many years ago when it was the 'in thing' to collect VW emblems (due to the pop group 'The Beasty Boys' or something like that), and the one off my parents' bus was taken. :evil:

Doug

Welcome :)

Nice van you have there. The signwriting is good too.

Had a browse on your website too - some nice bays there.

Unlucky me - you dont have any of my current cars. (sold my Traction a couple of years ago :( ) Bay camper, Audi 90, Peugeot 205 cabrio :lol:

Best of luck

Hello and welcome, nice van. Do you have any interior pics 8)

Welcome to the forum.... :) :)

very nice panel you have there Henri, I must say I really like the stock wheels with the (correct) commercial grey hubcaps on, very nice! 8)

what's with the vents in the rear panel?

Carole :wink:

Interior pics are on another computer, will check this week.

What are you seeing with the vents? It is an option. And power brakes, that's all the options mine has! :D

Here is another nice picture, taken during the opening of my 'showroom' a couple of weeks ago, we had a real car show outside on the parking lot!!!

Img_2676b.jpg

Maybe this is a familiar bus to some:
Img_2679b.jpg

dont forget to get rid of that window in the back on the panel, would look much better :wink: Do you have any more pics of that red one in the pic? 8)

carole said:

Hi guys,

Just new to the forum. My 72 crossover panel in Australia has the same rear vents. Bitch for rust on the side that always faces the oncoming weather in my drive, but just about to do a full respray. :D

72panel said:
carole said:

Hi guys,

Just new to the forum. My 72 crossover panel in Australia has the same rear vents. Bitch for rust on the side that always faces the oncoming weather in my drive, but just about to do a full respray. :D

The vents in the rear panel have been discussed somewhere else on here but I cannot remember where, but were an option mainly taken up by authorities using them as commercial vans.

Great van tho 8) and a great example for those discussing sign writing on their vans!!

Oh and welcome to the site!!

Welcome 72panel.

I love panel vans and would have one in my 'fleet' if I had the money and space to do so!

Looking forward to seeing pics! :D

Oh boy, it's almost been a year after posting here! :msn4:

In the mean time my bus was displayed at the stand of a business relative (a large VW dealership) of a 'light commercial vehicle' tradeshow:
IMG_4072b.jpg

Then, the bus was used on two meeting occasions:
IMG_3658b.jpg

Local show of the Beetle club, but the day was ruined by rain, rain, and more rain...

In March I sold model cars at a car show in a nearby village:
IMG_5552b.jpg

IMG_5556b.jpg

It is really an attention grabber! :lol:

And I visited a local cruise night (Aircooled of course!) in Zevenhuizen.
IMG_5959.jpg

So far for the update!

Latest posts