Absolute VW

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadders

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this was technical or general - posted in technical and only got one response, so i guess it's more general

I've had Absolute VW in Donnington, Derby reommended for welding work. I'm also looking at a new engine, nothing fancy, just a 1776 with a bit more pulling power. I've not heard anything negative yet, has anyone any direct experience of their engine work before I commit?

Cheers

no dealings with them fella , what you mean re engine? as in ,you are going to buy one from them or have them work on yours?

the welding is done by http://www.jcweldingservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theres some feedback here http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=751858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GIZ59 said:
no dealings with them fella , what you mean re engine? as in ,you are going to buy one from them or have them work on yours?

It's a completely new engine - I won be tearing up the strip in it, I just need a bit more oomph when ts four up with all the holiday gear in. Seemed safer to start form scratch since I don know the history of what I've got in at he moment.

I'm all ears if anyone has other recommendations.

Thanks for the link to vzi - all looks good for the welding

you wont go to a better place mate, Simon is a quality bloke and Jeffs welding is second to none.

you will not be dissapointed.

Steve

Just echoing what Silversteve said, Absolute have got my Westy in at the moment for new battery tray, fuel filler pipes and an mot. Simon has kept us constantly updated on progress, he found some rotten patches, called us to discuss options etc.

Jeff has done the welding work, met him for the first time - he came across as a good guy too.

This is the third time I've used absolute for the westy and based on quality of work so far, ill continue to do so

Hth

tech Qs are "whats this part do...." "how do i do this..." etc, direct questions about your bus,

If your looking for info on a business etc, general is fine.

Thanks for the feedback, very useful - and johnny for confirming that I chose the right forum.

Funny thing is, despite calling them twice, and emailing them contact details, as Simon asked me to, I've had no further response. Could be a few grands worth of work, so do feel slightly miffed having to chase people up to spend it.

Guess if he's good, then that reputation must mean that he has a full order book - engine work has gone to Laurie instead though

Absolute VW and JC Welding Services are two different companies, but Jeff does some work for Absolute.

I've had work done by both and both are very good, but for what it's worth, I'd recommend Jeff at JCWelding services too.
I had work done on my dormobile and Bug, his work is exemplary, and you don't have to remortgage the house. :D

I think he is now - looks a more formal relationship now they've moved to their new premises, although he still seems to be operating under his own 'brand'

I've found someone else now (on recommendation from Laurie Pettitt of all people) -
shame really, Donington is 15 minutes away, so very handy and on the way to work, but they're obviously doing well enough without my trade.

Never say never though

I think the trouble is Simon needs a secretary/assistant to make all the phone calls etc, they are full to the brim with work (a good thing) and it stretches there resources to the max!

I would go back without a shadow of a doubt, the knowledge the guys have and the quality of work is bob on!

they are about 20 mins from us, we're just off J27 on the m1

Apologies for delayed response.
As Hadders says, They have a very good relationship working together, and have even moved premises next to each other, but they are two seperate companies.
I always used to cut out the middle man and go straight too Jeff and have always been more than happy with the work.
Mines the white van on Jeffs site. :D

http://www.jcweldingservices.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.absolutevw.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts