• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

All OG rust free 69 Montana Red Westfalia for sale new price

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squareweave

Reaction score
I have lost some of my storage and have decided to part with my ALL original Westfalia. This van is as solid and is rust free. It is all original Montana Red with never having any rust repair or paintwork done. It started out life as original a tourist delivery tintop westy. It was then shipped to Southern California where it had the roof installed when new and spent its entire life in the LA area(and it shows). I purchased it out of North Hollywood.

The body on this van is totally rust free. The sides are as strait a I had the windshield out and found no rot. It still has its original battery tray and the cargo floors are nothing but shiny red paint. The front floors are perfect as well. Rockers are as good as they get. It has a few little nicks on the great patina but absolutely no collision damage. Original bumpers to the vehicle are straight.

I completed this bus as a preservation project over a restoration as it is just so clean and didn't want to spoil its originality and wonderful patina. All body parts to the vehicle are OG not pieced together from a bunch of different vans. There is no repro crap on this van just original Hella, SWF, VW etc parts.

The interior is all original aside from the new rear camper flooring (which is done in original looking material). All of the cabinets are original and in superb condition. I used NOS curtain fabric for all of the curtains with a mint original front windshield curtain. This van is clean and tidy inside. The OG mustard vinyl is also in good original shape with no major tears. It has a factory clock and a working Blaupunkt Emden AM/FM radio. The steering wheel is in good shape and the dash has no major cracks like they normally have. All wiring works like the day it rolled out of the factory

As for the mechanicals...... I built this van to use. I recently completed a 4000 mile trip from Vancouver Canada to Southern California (Sacramento Bugorama, Pomona, The Classic etc) with not a single hiccup. I went through everything and replaced and rebuilt anything that felt might give me a hassle on the road. Here is a list but not all inclusive of what was done:

Up Front
-new tie rods
-new drag link
-new center pin
-new ball joints
-all new brakes including lines
-NOS master cylinder

In the rear
-totally rebuilt motor with only 4500 miles
-rebuilt carb
-rebuilt fuel pump
-new vacuum advance distributor
-new Bosch alternator (went with this for reliability although not original)
-new clutch
-new engine mounts
-all new original German exhaust
-rebuilt CV joints with new boots
-rebuilt transmission
-new brakes with new lines
-new clutch and throttle cables
-all tin powdercoated

-new correct load rating tires with factory color resprayed rims

The list goes on and on

As you can see this van is good to go anywhere you want to take it. Before we are able to insure a vehicle from out of country I had to take this van through a very strict inspection and it passed with no problem.

Here is a link to more pictures of the van.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb421/notchback25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am willing to help with overseas buyers and can be reached by phone at 604 377-7849 for serious buyers. Scammers please don"t waist your time or mine as we all know the deal.

$11750 usd obo
P7060013.jpg

P7060002.jpg

P7060009.jpg

P7060006.jpg

P7060028.jpg

P7060024.jpg

P7060044.jpg

P7060030.jpg

P7060011.jpg

P7060027.jpg

P7060007.jpg

P7060037.jpg

P7060015.jpg

P7060014.jpg

HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO COOL..........I love it....does anyone want to buy a totally stock '71 micro bus......... :D

THE LAST PANZER said:
HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO COOL..........I love it....does anyone want to buy a totally stock '71 micro bus......... :D

Thanks Jim,

I dont really want to sell it but I have ran out of storage on my 4 earlybays :oops: . So if this doesn't sell, my 70 tintop, and the Adventurewagen are going to go up for sale and I will throw on my set of detailed og deep 6's and 5.5's and bring the blimp back down to earth and keep using it as my swap meet hunting bus while I collect parts for the deluxe. It truly is an awesome bus that I would drive anywhere!!!!

I have a huge want face! :mrgreen: seriously this is an awesome bus somebody must purchase this or make a nice offer for mine and i can get this ;)

easy said:
I have a huge want face! :mrgreen: seriously this is an awesome bus somebody must purchase this or make a nice offer for mine and i can get this ;)

Instead of "Big Red", "The BIG Easy" has a nice ring. :lol: I am kind of leaning towards keeping this van and running my OG early alloys on it salmmed. But these 3 OG paint vans may be up on the sales block soon. I've come to the realization that I don't need this many vans.
P4070059_2.jpg

631299.jpg

P2040051.jpg

cool looking buses ... is the VW scene big in Canada and are the buses Baywindows in rot free condition ... I ask as we're off to visit some friends in Ottawa next year and wondering if there is an opportunity to pick up our second bus at the same time.

Baz

Pickles said:
cool looking buses ... is the VW scene big in Canada and are the buses Baywindows in rot free condition ... I ask as we're off to visit some friends in Ottawa next year and wondering if there is an opportunity to pick up our second bus at the same time.

Baz

The scene here on the west coast is decent. As far as finding a rust free baywindow in the Ottawa area................... Probably going to be hard to find as they salt the heck out of the roads back east and the newer vehicles are usually rusty after 5 years or so. Even here on the west coast anything that is rust free is usually from the southern states or a gem that doesn't see winter. All of my bays are from California.

squareweave said:
Pickles said:

Baz

The scene here on the west coast is decent. As far as finding a rust free baywindow in the Ottawa area................... Probably going to be hard to find as they salt the heck out of the roads back east and the newer vehicles are usually rusty after 5 years or so. Even here on the west coast anything that is rust free is usually from the southern states or a gem that doesn't see winter. All of my bays are from California.

as far as I can make out its nearly 5,000 km from Vancover to Ottawa, so couldnt even factor purchase one of your buses into a two week holiday. Shame as the red one looks the business.

One more camping trip next weekend and "BIG Red" is going into dry storage for the winter. It is now no longer for sale. But if you're looking for an OG Adventurewagen for cheap I've got one that will be posted for sale in the next little bit.

Fire sale price of $11750usd obo. I am looking at buying a different bus and need this one gone quick. This price may not be up for long if my other deal falls through. Somebody would be getting a cheap bus!!!!!

squareweave said:
Fire sale price of $11750usd obo. I am looking at buying a different bus and need this one gone quick. This price may not be up for long if my other deal falls through. Somebody would be getting a cheap bus!!!!!

Coming to Canada next september, if it had been now you know I'd have been tempted!
if only my mate in ottawa had a bigger garage :|

Such a pitty that shipping from canada isnt same price as shipping from cal.... maybe a holiday in Canada with a road trip to california is the answer :D

I was quoted approx £3000 from Vancouver by Kingstown because they ship so infrequently. Thats more than £1000 more than shipping from california

Hi,
Bought the Big red van, flying to Vancover with wife and daughter to have a road trip back to LA. Should be in Uk Early Feb.

Will post some pics of the journey !! :)

Ade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts