Alternative steering wheel fitment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWAIRCOOLED

Reaction score
Hello,does anyone know which other VW steering wheels will go on my 1970 bay? I was thinking one from an early 60's beetle? My one has got a bit of damage in two places.Cheers.

someone out there may put me in my place but i suspect your gonna struggle to find one to bolt straight on without a change of boss....

Are you specifically after a bug wheel?

Or just a vintage or is it that you had the chance of a wheel for free/cheap?

Theres loads of aftermarket wheels out there but not at all cheap.

Araon said:
someone out there may put me in my place but i suspect your gonna struggle to find one to bolt straight on without a change of boss....

Are you specifically after a bug wheel?

Or just a vintage or is it that you had the chance of a wheel for free/cheap?

Theres loads of aftermarket wheels out there but not at all cheap.

Yeah I know someone who's got a beetle steering wheel,I won't get it at this stage though if it can't go on.I'll just wait until I go to the next show see what they got there,I would like an original or early VW style one though.

iv been trying to find out what will fit my 70 bay for ages, no one can give a straight answer, i saw one on jk a while ago that was 15" but couldnt work out what boss to go for. sorry to hijack the thread but maybe we should start a thread on what fits and what dont, just a thought

Latest posts