Am I missing something?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

360andi

Reaction score
I tuck my Westy roof canvas away when the roof is down.
Then out on the road as soon as the bus gets up to speed the damn thing fills with air and billows out, inside the bus.
Stop and it deflates and flops down right in front my lads field of vision.

19052009289.jpg

20052009290.jpg

So am I missing something to keep it tucked up or is this a standard feature on a Westy?

i dont know much about westys, but some little riveted check straps would look sweet. 8)

Mines got another rubber fastener, the same as on the sides, in the middle at the back. It had absolutely no purchase though and would just flop around so I'm not sure f it was meant to be there or not, anyway I 'fixed' it but attaching a small rubber block to the rood so that it would stretch the fastener and provide a bit of purchase. I'll see if I can get a picture for you.

sounds like the seal between the the fibre glass roof pop up part and the main roof isnt sealing ie catches not tight enough or the rubber seal worn??

How is the 'S' shaped catch on the front above the windscreen? It should hold your pop down tight.

Do you have 3 rubber straps inside too?

Latest posts