another holiday ruined due to this countries poxy weather!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
hi all.so glad to read about your sunny holidays darn sarf.

we took the bus over to the Welsh coast,Porthmadog.probably got 1 days worth of sun patched over 4 days.other than that rain & wind...very disheartening for family hols!!

we moved in land near Conwy following the forecast.but with more rain forecast till the end of the week.the little sun we had just allowed us to pack up in the dry & we drove home in the rain.

no wonder people hop on a plane for a couple of hours.

we're away in August again,planning for Cornwall but I think we'll go where the sun is...if there is any.I love this country but the weather is depressing!

all packed up ready to go....
5c18ffe7-dd76-1efb.jpg

feel for you matey, i did barmouth/conwy/prestatyn 2 weeks ago (just before the hot week) the saturday night/sunday we came home was ace the days before were poo but being away in the van and driving through the welsh mountains makes my holiday as much as the camping itself.

it's been rubbish here in wales for the last few weeks, but if in doubt come over to anglesey it has it's own wether forecast, i live on the east coast of anglesey and if it's overcast or raining here i head over to rhosneigr of treaddur bay where it clears up (well 9 times out of 10 anyway)

or Aberdaron is a lovely spot even though it's only and hour away from us we go camping there, campsite called Ty Mawr, but you park on the headland overlooking the beach and there's a small path down to the beach and then a 5 min walk towards the town there's a resturant/ bar on the beach.....£10 a night plus the weather always clears from the west, but nothing beats a stormy sea...plus most of my family are surfers (i take photos and drive!! haha)

think we should all get our vans running and speed up global warming!!! bring on the sun!! :lol:

long range this month looks iffy too, shame 'cos i'm back over to Wales 24th fingers crossed it's dry this time, back again October for possibly the last time this year unless November is nice, so far my promise of using the van every month from March this year has worked, last year i bought it and couldn't afford to use it!

It's warm, but god I need some solid sunshine. Who wants to sit round an evening campfire in a rain mac?

Could have been worse (a bit worse anyway) - we ended up leaving Bude early at spring bank because of the amber weather warning - holiday cut short by 3 days, put the tent away in a gale (sorry, not even in the van) and heavy rain. On the plus side had lunch in the Bush Inn - oldest pub in cornwall? - which is well worth a trip

On the flip side, south Devon was fantastic a couple of weeks ago :p

Edited coz I can't type

Latest posts