Another Lobus roadtrip

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobus

Reaction score
Old Bar (N.S.W) 2007 Road trip report. (Day 1)

I started off at 6:00am on Wednesday and managed to get through Melbourne and onto the Hume Highway without too much difficulty, although it would be a real drag to have to use that road every day, with the amount of traffic even the slightest disruption seems to cause jams that expand outwards like ripples on water.
About 8:00 am I was at Glenrowan and filled the bus up for the first time. It was at a Golden Arches/Petrol place, the toilets were very dirty and unpleasant to use. How do these mobs manage to serve food with all it’s health requirements yet not be able to keep the toilets clean? Got me tossed, that one.
After that it was back on the road and away I went, the new motor in the bus sure makes covering distance an easy task. Before I knew it I was at Albury and then; jut like that whoosh……no more Albury, the new bypass is open and takes at least 20 minutes off the trip. Next thing you know I am in Holebrook home of the big submarine.
I had a bit of time I checked out a couple of “Old Wares” shops but didn’t find anything that tickled my fancy, there was a nice little Café there so I stopped for lunch, The toilets were up to scratch there too!
OldBar07011.jpg

OldBar07014.jpg

After that I stopped and took a couple of pictures of the lobus in front of the submarine, I
can’t resist a big thing or two to take pictures of.
OldBar07019.jpg

OldBar07020.jpg

After Holebrook it was back on the road and next stop was Yass, another fast food and filthy toilet stop. They must use the same non cleaning methods as the mob in Glenrowan! So it was quick and stop and fuel up and off to Goulburn . Another opportunity to get a “Big Thing Picture”
OldBar07025.jpg

OldBar07026jpg

Next thing was to find the place where the roof rack I was picking up was located.
It took me a while to find the house and get the rack mounted on top without scratching or dinging the whole top of the bus, but after persevering and quite a bit of swearing I was on my way again.
OldBar07027.jpg

After a long day, I made it as far as Mittagong, but couldn’t get any further so I found a Motel and hit the sack.
Next morning it was a short little journey up to Blacktown and Scott (KOM123). We had a bit of lunch with his little boy Ethan and we went back to his place where he made me welcome and even diagnosed where I was losing a bit of oil. It was a clamp that had come loose on a breather, a quick tighten and I was all set for action. we went on a little cruise to the local petrol station and fuelled up ( no toilet report on this one). After that we hit the local self car wash and gave the buses a once over for the big cruise coming up next day. It was essential that we had ours looking at their best to show up all the superstars in their splits! I missed taking pictures of the fuel up and wash so you will have to use your imagination.

.....to be continued.

Day 2.
http://img. Bright eyed and bushy tailed we hit the road from Scott and Di’s to the Thornleigh golden arches. I didn’t mange to get a toilet report at this one. sorry.
There is one handy thing about these places and that is, they have good car parks to assemble cruisers in!
Things started out a bit shaky, as I was revering in to a park, looking in 17 directions simultaneously and seeing mostly red panels, I nearly ran some bloke over as he walked directly behind me. Then I bumped into those stopper thingoes, fortunately I managed to not rip off my new mud flap.
No sooner had I had I got out of the car, still shaking from nearly running down some punter but over come Pommy Cock Tony, all smiles and hand shakes welcoming me, making all the stress just dissolve away. Day 2.
Bright eyed and bushy tailed we hit the road from Scott and Di’s to the Thornleigh golden arches. I didn’t mange to get a toilet report at this one. sorry.
There is one handy thing about these places and that is, they have good car parks to assemble cruisers in!
Things started out a bit shaky, as I was revering in to a park, looking in 17 directions simultaneously and seeing mostly red panels, I nearly ran some bloke over as he walked directly behind me. Then I bumped into those stopper thingoes, fortunately I managed to not rip off my new mud flap.
No sooner had I had I got out of the car, still shaking from nearly running down some punter but over come Pommy Cock Tony, all smiles and hand shakes welcoming me, making all the stress just dissolve away. And so it went on for a while catching up with all the other cruisers. We were there for 40 minutes or so and then it was all aboard and away we went cruising up the F3 to points north.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Lobus/Old%20Bar2007/OldBar07028.jpg
Mirror mirror on the door who has the reddest bus of all?
OldBar07029.jpg

OldBar07030.jpg

In all the excitement I didn’t do a count, but for the first time ever it was an ALL BUS cruise (including the token Camry). What a hoot, the New South Welsh really know how to do it. None of this boring old line up stuff, as soon as the 110km/h sign is sighted it is every bus for himself, maintaining safe and courteous driving standards at all times of course.
This was the first time I had enough power to play “keep up with the hotties up hills” and it was a serious good time. With speeding being so discouraged, the only way to fang it was UP the hills, and traveling 110km/h UP hills is something I am still taking extreme delight in doing. I think the novelty is going to take a long long time to wear off..

Come on Deanno, hurry up mate
OldBar07032.jpg

Great to see your bus on the road Dan
OldBar07033.jpg

OldBar07034.jpg

OldBar07035.jpg

OldBar07036.jpg

OldBar07038.jpg

We were there for 40 minutes or so and then it was all aboard and away we went cruising up the F3 to points north.
OldBar07028.jpg

Mirror mirror on the door who has the reddest bus of all?
OldBar07029.jpg

OldBar07030.jpg

In all the excitement I didn’t do a count, but for the first time ever it was an ALL BUS cruise (including the token Camry). What a hoot, the New South Welsh really know how to do it. None of this boring old line up stuff, as soon as the 110km/h sign is sighted it is every bus for himself, maintaining safe and courteous driving standards at all times of course.
This was the first time I had enough power to play “keep up with the hotties up hills” and it was a serious good time. With speeding being so discouraged, the only way to fang it was UP the hills, and traveling 110km/h UP hills is something I am still taking extreme delight in doing. I think the novelty is going to take a long long time to wear off..

Come on Deanno, hurry up mate
OldBar07032.jpg

Great to see your bus on the road Dan
OldBar07033.jpg

photobucket.com/albums/v388/Lobus/Old%20Bar2007/OldBar07034.jpg[/IMG]
OldBar07035.jpg

OldBar07036.jpg

OldBar07038.jpg

Day 3 Sunday
This was the day for buses and some bloke who thought his Roller looked like a Kombi. The official count was 198 Kombis on the park, there was still quite a few left in the camp so we only missed the 200 by that much. Maybe only .5 as the Indian Auto probably counts as 2!
OldBar07039.jpg

OldBar07040.jpg

OldBar07041.jpg

OldBar07042.jpg

OldBar07043.jpg

thats one of the biggest bus lineups ive seen 200+ busses amazing i love the EB on sprintstars it looks perfect. nice pics LB 8)

It was a lot of fun, well worth the drive (1400km), but I am a bit loopy anyway.
There is more to come Monday was a cruise and picture day too. i'll get to that next.
There is no need to be jealous, I've been sitting down here through our winter watching all the bus shows you boys and girls have, so now it is my turn to show you something to get you through till your next Summer.

Day 4
It was another laid back day in sunny Old Bar, nice warm morning and we gathered for a cruise
Off we went to a little town called Wingham and lined up for bit of lunch a picture taking
IMG_4102.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

I have found another site with lots of pics of the weekend and the buses. There are lots and lots of nice pictures there.
Not a lot of relief from the blue sky and sushine syndrome though!
Sorry about that,

http://www.carlmuxlow.com/index.html

Kombi072055-1.jpg

Kombi0720558.jpg

Kombi0720557.jpg

Kombi0720556.jpg

Kombi0720530-1.jpg

Kombi0720452.jpg

Kombi0720451.jpg

Kombi0720448.jpg

Kombi0720291-1.jpg

Kombi072006-1.jpg

100_1014.jpg

The matt black Double Cab is awesome as well, i love the tags too. Lobus and du8 8us stand out.

Latest posts