Anybody use a plug in mains lead with rcd??????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba dubba

Reaction score
Hi,
im thinking of buying one of these sunncamp leads, it has 3 waterproof sockets and an rcd all built into one neat small unit, but i cant find any reviews on them and wondered what everybody else uses, ive seen that some westys have built in site hook ups and ive also seen the jk kits similar to this, but i just cant bring myself to cut holes in the cabinets to house the plugs, thought this lead might be a good solution for me!, any feed back would be cool,

cheers............kev :)

thats the method i'm going to go, its good as you can have electric outside or in the awning if you want.

We have one and its great - much better than hook-up via the Camper as it runs outside and in the awning, which as has been said, is where you need it.

aldi are doing one next thursday the11th 3 sockets (fused) integral rcd panel 20m cable and storage bag £49.99

ray said:
aldi are doing one next thursday the11th 3 sockets (fused) integral rcd panel 20m cable and storage bag £49.99

I was just going to post the same thing. :mrgreen:

http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_10055.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

€89.99 here. :roll:

Hi all,
just bought one from towsure £49 exactly the same as aldi one,.........i bloody love this shop,... its a camping superstore chain,.... sell all the silly bits and pieces you thought you would never want and then do!!

............................kev :D

bubba dubba said:
Hi all,
just bought one from towsure £49 exactly the same as aldi one,.........i bloody love this shop,... its a camping superstore chain,.... sell all the silly bits and pieces you thought you would never want and then do!!

............................kev :D

Hi kev

How many plug sockets does this have? Do you know if it's safe to run an extension lead from a socket?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt,
its got three sockets, should be fine to plug an extension into it cause it has the rcd so will trip before anything bad can happen.......it comes with 20 meters of lead so doubt if you would need to though.

hope the restos progressing well mate..............................kev :)

Oh thats cool, just had a look on there site pretty good prices.

Yer its not going bad mate, bit slow but ok. In the garage and the minute getting the front screen sorted and battery tray welded. All the door cards back in next week then the flooring starts. :D

Latest posts