Anyone else given up the fags for New Year

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to you, I've had an on/off habit for years - it'll be worth it in the end...

126361465_1384e85490_m.jpg

;)

Went cold turkey a couple years ago now, it does get easier i promise. Never ever think you can get away with having just one! :wink:

dubberdaz said:
Went cold turkey a couple years ago now, it does get easier i promise. Never ever think you can get away with having just one! :wink:

Gave up the fags several years ago and moved on to cigars. Thought that i'd only smoke on a social basis.

In the end a was on about 10 -15 a day and not only looked a twat but smelt like a tramp.

Gave up a 40-a-day habit in 2001 using patches :D
it does get easier after a couple of weeks
All the best in kicking the habit :)

I gave uo in 1989. Like they say above, it does get easier after a while. I evnetually cracked it by just resisting the urge to light up one at a time. That was a short term solution that got me through.
I also stopped going to places where there was a lot of smoking (no more pubs!)

The very up upside is that the money I didn't blow away in smoke has well and truly paid for my bus and all its associated expenses.
Plus I don't smell like a fuming ashtray and have a lot of my taste buds back.

Keep at it dude, its well worth the early withdrawls. There is a lovely clean smelling, food and wine tasting world on the other side.

kempy said:
dubberdaz said:

Gave up the fags several years ago and moved on to cigars. Thought that i'd only smoke on a social basis.

In the end a was on about 10 -15 a day and not only looked a twat but smelt like a tramp.

That is so funny! :lol: i did the same with Cigars before i gave up completely

I gave up for ayear ,after 35 years of smoking , moved to Cornwall and started again .Too much fresh air ! Going to have another go , Ive found your always going to be a an X smoker and not a non smoker.
Good luck and dont be tempted by the odd one as I did . :wink:

Havent given up, dont want to to be honest. Only smoke about 2 a day in the week and about 5 a day at the weekend.

Have tried smoking those patch things but they are a bit plasticy :wink:

I've been on and off smoking since I was about 17.I gave up a few years ago for about 3 years,then I started again.It was like,I'll just have one today and I can stop tomorrow.Then tomorrow it was another one and so on until I was back to normal smoking (15-20 a day for me) after about 2 weeks.Then last year I stopped for a couple of months as a resolution but started again in the same way as before.Then in June last year I stopped again and haven't smoked since.Like others have already said,don't have that one because it will turn back to normal.You will notice that you smell nicer,have more money,are healthier,have better taste in your mouth and are less of a fire hazard too! In fact there is not one good reason to smoke,not one.It's just once you have been hooked it's always there in the back of you brain,something wants the nicotine,you must resist.I save at least £1800 per year by not smoking.I did eat more when I stopped each time but this returns to normal after a month or two.