Anyone fitted the replacement Bosch regulator from JK

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seamus1982

Reaction score
Hey,

any of you guys fitted the new Bosch regulator from JK, I fitted one on Thursday, now have mo genny light at all, the new regulator has more terminals, but the fitting instructions are in Spanish, tried translating but makes no sense.

Anyone fitted one? Is there a little trick to it that I've missed?

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_2_bay/type-2-bay-original-vehicle-parts/engine-electrics/dynamos-alternators/voltage-regulator-dynamo-j10495-211903803e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that's the link to the regulator

cheers
sean

I know this is a few month old.

I have just fitted the same unit, but it came from Cool Air.

The terminal next to the big double terminal should have a wire on it and that does to the dash panel light. On mine there's a wire from the body of the dynamo to a terminal on the regulator (earth), but the new one dose not have this so I put it under screw that fixes it to the body of the camper.

One thing I noticed is the outer body of the regulator is live when the engine is running, because it is the feed from the dynamo. So be careful if you are pocking around in there while the engine is running. I'm going to make a plastic box to fit around it.

Hope this helps

Martin.
December 1968 Westy.

Latest posts