Anyone heard of Steve Strong Engines

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be replacing any valves, check they are all straight and that they aren't sinking (being pulled) into the head, if they are ok and the valve seats look in good shape then just change the valve springs, the only other head work to be done is just time consuming and delicate work. SLOWLY and only a little at a time (as it's hard to put metal back) open up the exhaust ports to match your exhaust and the same with the inlet's and your carb manifolds, (The carb manifolds are easier to work than the head (as a general rule).

The crucial bit in any engine is getting the deck height right, once the short block is assembled, trial fit the pistons and barrels and measure things (this is were is starts getting complicated) then measure the CC capacity of the heads, adjust the heads to suit and create a nice 8.5 to 1 compression ratio, Higher the ratio the higher strung the engine is, and too low and then engine will perform really badly.

I buy expensive parts so prefer not to do alot of this myself and get a PROPER and EXPERIENCED engine builder to do it for me! If your serious about doing it yourself find a freindly machine shop and read some of the books available on building higher performance vw engines. Also seek as much advice as you can, most vw shops are freindly enough to give out some info, but remember it is their livelyhood so won't be teaching you every trick of the trade ;)

Hi Guys,

I would like to put a few things right as it has been pointed out to me by a former customer that i was being discussed on this forum. Sorry it's taken time to respond but it's taken a few days to register.

For the record a few people that have replied to this thread have really got their facts wrong and there seems to be some confusion as to who i am.

My name is Steve Strong and yes i used to work with Iandubber500 at Superspeed Engines. It was his company and his alone. He asked me to work with him in December of 2009. I worked with him until June of 2010 then decided to part company as i did not agree with the standards of workmanship.

The thread that you guys have been pointed towards is about Iandubber500 not Schneeky, yet no-one seems to have rectified this mistake.

It has also been stated that SteveStrongEngines has a bad name on VZI, could you please back this up with facts, as i have done nothing to deserve this tarnish against my name or company.

It has also been stated that people should steer clear of my products. Why? All my machining is done at a competent machine shop and all my engines are built using good quality componants and come with an unlimited milage 12month guarentee.

Since working for myself and forming SteveStrongEngines i have built and sold 32 engines(since July 2010), so far there has been teething problems with three of them to which the problems were rectified hassle free and free of charge.

I feel that my name has been dragged through the mud abit here without any proof or foundation to back anything up.

I quite freely admit that i worked with Superspeed/Iandubber500 and also admit that i left after becoming fed up with having to deal with customers complaints on the phone all the time due to work that was not carried out by myself.

I have not joined 'your' forum to sell/promote my company, just merely to answer/respond to a few things that i think have been said that are 'out of line' with the facts of what has actually happened.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, feel free to get in contact with me. My email address is : [email protected] and my number is 07988490443.

Regards...Schneeky(Steve) :D

I Bought a motor off Steve last month,i found him to be honest,Talked me through the whole process of what would run best in my van,assured me answered my questions,sending emails and texts of his progress.i found Steve to be genuine and up front,also giving me a 12 month warranty on his engine.i will fit the 1641cc lump next month,i have no worries,if anything should go wrong (which i doubt) Steve will rectify them,100 % positive feedback from me.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for clearing up any confusion ... Threads on the net do tend to get a bit muddled sometimes.

Your more than welcome to post here to help anyone and also help yourself, it's pretty easy going regarding community trading :)

Mike

Hi new on this site,only on to reply to this thread,Steve worked with me as a full partner,taking half the profit. .We sold ebay engines on the account purple78 and sold order engines under superspeed .Before this and when Steve worked with me, Steve had never built an engine,basicly Steve was a parts cleaner.We worked together for about 7 months, Steve was happy to clean parts and not build,so I decided it was time to splt,during this time we had about ,as Steve would put it 4 teething probs,not bad for buillding 6 engines a month

iandubber500 said:
Hi Dean hows that going

Hi i think you meant me, if so im cool hopefully mot the bus early next week now, so i can soon get it registered and take it for a good spin, she ticks over sweet, thanks

iandubber500 said:
Hmm thats his name. :shock:

Hi Ian, how's it going?

As to the username 'Schneeky' this is something i have had for the last 15/16 years from when i was involved with 'Schneeky Promotions' putting on house parties/club nights/DJ'ing throughout the 90's.

Regards...Schneeky(Steve) :lol:

Latest posts