Anything usefull???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it`s back, and great it is too. Has anybody done anything useful while the Early site has been wounded ? You know, anything useful like working on your van maybe ?? I been fannying about with roof / ceiling liners and have come across something very very useful called flexi ply, sounds just the jobbie if you want a ply ceiling. Looks like they make more layers going one way to allow it to bend easier, and you can have it bendy the eight foot way or bendy the four foot way. But just to be different I`m going with foamex and I`m trying to use chrome ish J strips., all colours available as I`m trying tiling edge strips, looking good so far. So who has any templates for me then or drawings maybees.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Lets get ready for summer :mrgreen:

I did :D took the very long 9 1/2 round trip up to Newcastle/ Durham to pick up Mark's (Webbaldo) M501 bench seat kit, fitted it the next day and I'm over the moon... Just gotta get some leather and tweed to make up the new covers :D

Ta Scott

holeydub said:
I did :D took the very long 9 1/2 round trip up to Newcastle/ Durham to pick up Mark's (Webbaldo) M501 bench seat kit, fitted it the next day and I'm over the moon... Just gotta get some leather and tweed to make up the new covers :D

Ta Scott
Pleased your happy with it mate!

Well I'm perilously close to getting to the nail biting moment of starting my new engine for the first time.

In between screwing all the furniture to the wall in our little ones room (moving to big bed) I needed to make a bench starter to test the engine. Luckily I had got some celebrations from work. I hastily ate them all and then used the tub to make a starter! Spins the starter motor ok.

IMG_20161218_205755_zpsz4ekidvx.jpg

Yep I got cabin fever, went a little crazy and got some feel good bits for the engine bay. Got a serpentine kit,csp breather tower, 123 ignition and some new heat exchangers. Spent every penny I had to my name,!! Next day I get a problem with a wiper switch and manage to shatter my instrument pod...beyond repair....I am now saving up for something that I actually need :?

Not fit anything yet either just looking at it all for now :lol:

That bench starter is the tits!

As seems the norm at the moment; the bus [and bug] are being somewhat neglected as the house is getting all the attention... although the van has been used on a couple of mates house moves recently!

Bench started our engine for the first time, did the timing, set the tappets, new plugs points and leads,cleaned and rebuilt the carb, everything looking good, start the engine fires first turn running real nice, let it warm up sounds gooood, then BANG blew a plug across the garage just missing the Bus and my mate Daves head " Bas***d !!!!!!!!!! . After closer inspection blew the helicoil out of the head so strip the tin off replace the head and start again now running nice and in the bus, not long now till MOT time after three year resto "can't wait"

Vinvan & Davidomes

Mark your starter box is hilarious, I'm glad you mentioned smashing all those those chocolates that were inside first haha :D

Loving everyone's stories though

Well ate them all except the bountys. What kind of sicko puts coconut and chocolate together?

Webbaldo said:
Well ate them all except the bountys. What kind of sicko puts coconut and chocolate together?

It's the taste of paradise :lol:

I've spent the time wisely feeling sorry for myself. Maybe it was forum withdrawal as I'm better now and I've even started welding the crewie

ozziedog said:
Well it`s back, and great it is too. Has anybody done anything useful while the Early site has been wounded
Nope :(
Weather, work and everything in between has stopped me from doing anything van related!

Brilliant !!, a bit done here and a bit done there and the most fabulous starter box in the whole history of the world ever we think :lol: A fair bit of collecting going on and that`s something I`ve really excelled at over the last half a decade, getting stuff and putting it in the que in the garage to get fitted. I got a propex waiting some badges and some spotlights and a new bumper step and a fire extinguishing type system etc etc etc :roll: Most of the time down the garage is spent thinking about my new improved cool box MK2 deluxe version and the planning thereof. :roll: :? :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good to be back innit. :mrgreen:

Nice to see everyone drifting back. We could set up a sub forum and be the Early Bay Drifters :lol: The Late Bay folks looked after us again with a snug little refuge so big thanks to them because at the time we was the Early Bay Floaters like lost little turds. :msn4:

Ozziedog ',,,,,,,,,,, but we're back !!! :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Latest posts