• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

architectural salvage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antoine

Reaction score
rightyho, since im useless at getting rid of stuff my dads garage is not full of things, and he wants it clearing.

so i need rid of a victorian cast iron fireplace, a cast high level cistern and a very pretty cast iron radiator.
i had a play with the fireplace and its been tidied up as a practice for restoring the ones at work. its a hob grate, but its missing the top plates either side of the grate.

i cleaned off some of the crappy paint and rust from the cistern but never got round to finishing it, its all there, the copper float ball, the brass (i think) chain and wooden handle. apparently its a rare self supporting one with a lid, so doesnt use brackets to attach to the wall. and has 'Helyer's patent' cast on the front.

the radiator is a 7 piece very lovely old thing. some of the nicest decoration iv seen on any and iv spent most of my life being dragged around stately homes... or working in them.
I swept the cobwebs off it and cut down the pipe which was attached to it so i could stand it right way up. other than that it needs sandblasting painting and id advise pressure testing.

iv seen examples advertised for silly money all over the place. i think a grand for a radiator in worse nick and not as posh is a bit silly, if i can make something it will go towards lowering the van.

Oh and its all in Wakefield if anyones interested.

Please help. i need rid.

forgot to say, im at work atm so no pics, ill try and stick some up later.

Latest posts