Ascent to Assynt

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Reaction score
It's been a while since I last posted but I check in regularly to see what you lot have been up to. Here are some pics of a trip we made to Assynt over the Easter holidays. After getting the front suspension sorted (new KYB GR2 shocks, adding adjuster to lower beam and replacing the 185/65-15s with 175/60-15s) it was time to load up and head north from our home just south of Oban to Assynt in the far north west corner of Scotland. We stopped off with friends near Kinloss, the home of the (grounded) Nimrod....

IMG_0314.jpg

Then we headed for Lochinver and the campsite at Clachtoll. We were last here about 10 years ago (pre-kids) and there was no "official" site as such, you just camped up and paid 50p to the old wifey in the croft. In the interim the land has been sold and there is now an official site which has to be one of the best sites in the UK, although you now have to part with 16 quid instead of 50p so that must be the "boom" bit of the boom and bust economy. Speaking to the owner it is jam-packed in July and August. The view south from the site...

IMG_0376.jpg

We were one of only two families camping here in mid-April....

IMG_0383.jpg

Going south to Lochinver you witness the classic Assynt landscape. From left to right the mountains are Canisp, Suilven, Cul Mor and Cul Beag......

IMG_0351.jpg

Here's what they make with all the broken pottery at the Highland Stoneware factory....

IMG_0362.jpg

Looks ace (van and scenery), we're heading to Scotland this summer. Can't wait.

i plan on touring scottland when the kids are old enough to stay at home alone ............ ones not born yet so in about 18 years :lol: bet the bus is still rolling :D

Latest posts