• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Award winning Hille Supporto Chair by Frederick Scott...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passion 4

Reaction score
An original retro award winning Hille Supporto Chair in red by Frederick Scott for sale - £150 each

A very comfortable and visually striking, real collectable design classic. They have hydraulic adjustable height mechanism, and a hydraulic back support system. The 5 metal legs at the base all have working castors for ease of movement. New these chairs can cost in excess of £1,000+!

They make brilliant office or studio chairs. As is quite common with this type of chair from this era, the plastic coating on the beautiful cast aluminium has a few age/use related marks or scratches on the surface of the plastic, and also small areas where the plastic coating has peeled off and is missing.

I love the way they look now as they are fully functional and have a wonderful aged look of authenticity about them. However, depending upon what you wanted to do, these could either be re-finished, or I was thinking that they would look totally amazing if the plastic coating on the arms were fully stripped and the aluminium arms underneath where then mirror polished!

I have a selection of these, most where the fabric is in great condition, and a couple where the fabric would need replacing on the seat.

Dimensions:
width: 460mm
height: 990mm
depth: 420mm
seat height: 580mm

Pics to follow if anyone's interested...

hille_supporto_chair1_01_zpsf9de8982.jpg

hille_supporto_chair1_04_zps3c90426a.jpg

hille_supporto_chair1_03_zps1dccb917.jpg

hille_supporto_chair1_05_zps036346c4.jpg

hille_supporto_chair1_02_zps26a60718.jpg

Latest posts