awning clamps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
anyone recommend some good ones?

I brought some figure of eight plastic strips but they're a bit crap. They just fit flimsy on the gutter and fall off

Figure of 8 came with my awning too but I changed them for gutter clamps plus a pole that threads through the awning itself. Jk sell the clamps I think, just check that your awnings suitable.

jonboylaw said:
JK sell some suction cups that you thread a pole through. They seem to work well.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Do the suction clamp stick to the roof okay and not damage paint?

Don't think I can thread a pole on my awning, it does have Velcro straps though

I've got the figure 8 style attachment for my awning. They hold on ok when you peg down the side of the drive-away awning. I don't think they are meant to actually hold on too tight on there own.

I use the 3 clamps that go over the pole threaded through the end of the awning, just picked them up from ebay :)

I've just purchased an awning. Gotta sort the poles and clamps.

I'm also interested in sorting fixings ( clamps )

How many options are there?

Fig of 8 , and the 3 mini wing nut gutter clamps from jk etc. any others?

Can anyone post a pic of how the 3 clamps work ?

Thanks

I'm not sure my awning has the hole to thread a pole through so looks like I'm probably limited to the figure of 8 type only without attaching a permanent rail to my bus so I guess i'll just give them a go

shiplee123 said:
I've just purchased an awning. Gotta sort the poles and clamps.

I'm also interested in sorting fixings ( clamps )

How many options are there?

Fig of 8 , and the 3 mini wing nut gutter clamps from jk etc. any others?

Can anyone post a pic of how the 3 clamps work ?

Thanks

The other option is the aforementioned suction cups.

I don't have any pics if the clamps but basically check you awning where it attaches to the bus and see if it allows a pole to be threaded through here, if so you need a tent pole which goes through and you then place in the gutter of your bus. The clamps are then used to hold this in place.

Geeze said:
Old fashioned pole and clamps, doesn't unhook in high wind and doesn't leave gaps between the sections that let's the rain in :)

Thats the ones! all the others are shit really if its windy, the Vango airbeam comes with straps that go over your roof which are good and tabs to secure it to your roof rack, which is uber handy. Poles and clamps tho all the time otherwise it will be a ballache! :lol:

Latest posts