Awning Recommendations?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my new khyam family arrived today and it has a new specially made groundsheet

it's now summer in our house and we're off camping as soon as i have a free night........... :D

We got a JK Hamburg a couple of years ago.

Our version has the fixed ground sheet, i believe the new version is available with or without. It also came with an inner tent which when used is half the space. We like using the inner tent as it provides a little bit of security for the chairs etc. as we padlock the zips when we leave. I know it won't stop someone from slashing the sides but it stops the kids from nicking beers!

Loads of room for 2 people plus stuff or we have had around 9 of us huddled in there at RTTS cos it was raining.

It had no instructions but is easy enough to put up with 2 people.

100_1083.jpg

Dancing Bay

Where did you get your new Kyham Family Tent from, I can't see that model listed on their website, well not in the motorcaravan bit anyway?

Araon said:
Why not have a look at the Khyams' quick erect and typical Khyam quality....

Sell out quick though so not sure if therell be a lead time on the order could be fortunate this early in the year...

http://www.khyam.co.uk/product_tent.asp?category=Khyam%20QE&type=Caravan/Motorcaravan

Sprouty has one so she may be able to give you some pointers if you pm her.....

Yeah actually I bought it from Carole. I couldn't find a new one anywhere, they sell out as soon as they are in stock.

Ours has been great, goes up dead quick which has been handy when we've arrived somewhere in the dark. A couple of people have mentioned about them not being good in the wind but we've found that as long as you have it pegged down properly it's ok. We nearly came a cropper in Devon but that was just because we'd been lazy and only put a few pegs in.

We've got the Tourer which is slightly smaller than the classic but it's fine for just the two of us. I think the main thing for me is how quick it goes up and comes down, just 5 mins and then I'm relaxing with a nice cold beer.

BTW I've changed my username from Sprouty to The Monkey Bus. It was a really crap name so now I've got the name of my bus instead, and it'll be the same as all my other forum names now.

H - The Monkey's wife

The best bit about the new JK one, is you can put it up in your front room!!

PhonePic004-2.jpg

PhonePic003-2.jpg

trouble is your misses tends to hide in it!!! :roll:

PhonePic002-2.jpg

Brilliant! :lol: Inspired winter camping, and you don't have to trudge across a cold muddy field just to go for a wee.

Graham L said:
Dancing Bay

Where did you get your new Kyham Family Tent from, I can't see that model listed on their website, well not in the motorcaravan bit anyway?

it's from the campershop
we preordered it at vanfest last year
the man from campershop is a true gent, i thoroughly recommend him

http://campershop.co.uk/awnings.htm#khyam_motor_dome_family

:D

Anyone have the sunncamp travel cabin?
Its only £115 on the Camping International site.
Sounds like a bargin for a bit of extra space!

i dont think you will beat the khyam i dont have the awning but i have a 12 man tent with the same design they are the only awning and tent manufacturer that test them in a wind tunnel ive camped in 80mph hour winds at cape wrath the most northernly point in scotland and it never budged il be buying an awning version soon to go with me bus saw quite a few jk awnings blown down at vanfest couple of years back

khyam really are good, we have a massive tent from them that survived high winds too. those cheap ones from argos were going up like umbrellas.

you have to buy the khyams early in the season cause they only make a limited number

paul said:
Anyone have the sunncamp travel cabin?
Its only £115 on the Camping International site.
Sounds like a bargin for a bit of extra space!

Pity i didn't come on here yesterday cos i could have checked it out for you today. I was in Gillingham today which is where Camping International is based. It is an old cinema so they have loads of them put up inside!

They have a branch in Horsham as well.

Latest posts