• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bay panel van, tax exempt. Lovely!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete nice

Reaction score
Selling on behalf of a mate that is lacking in time.

1972 cross over, Bay window panel van. Factory RHD, UK van. 3 former keepers. Looks like it has never been welded, (we can't find any), with only 54,000 original miles. It is believed that the van was used on a private estate to fetch cattle feed or bird seed, hence the low mileage & lack of use. Was originally white but was painted yellow in 2001. The paint is still very good, with only a few very minor scabs. The door shuts, seams & underside are near perfect. This is not your average builders van, it is super straight! The front bumper is painted in metallic grey but the rear bumper replaced the custom one previously fitted & will need painting to match. New front door rubbers have been fitted too.

DSC00917.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

Engine is a sweet 1700cc type 4 motor fitted with a twin choke Weber carb. The van runs & drives great with no issues at all. Brakes are servo assisted.

DSC00914.jpg

Front seats are original & in good condition. The dash has been painted in metallic grey & is near perfect. The steering wheel is in great condition & dash has a working deluxe clock. The head lining in the front is very good too. There is a period radio fitted but is not working. He has not investigated why.

DSC00921.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

In the rear is a ¾ rock and roll bed with nicely covered foam. There are speakers in the kick board underneath it. There is no panelling in the rear & all areas can be viewed. There is no rust anywhere!

DSC00922.jpg

There is some paper work with the current mot until March 2010 & previous ones dating back to 1991. It is tax exempt. It has a GT alarm fitted too.

The van has been lowered with beam adjusters at the front & new Centreline wheels with new 165/65x15 tyres up front & 185/65x15 rear. These have only done 300 miles, so no need to come & just kick them.

Serious enquiries only. Time wasters will get a blunt response.

Priced at: £8,250 ovno for a van that could be made show standard with little effort. Rust free & RHD, UK van. Not many of these around.

Was sold in August.

Now thats a nice van! 8)

Priced for a quick sale.

DSC00916.jpg

Original cab steps & floors. No rust anywhere.

DSC00924.jpg

Inside is just as clean.

DSC00925.jpg

Super clean floors & Chassis.

DSC00926.jpg

Never welded underneath.

DSC00931.jpg

Inner sills, no rust. The black stuff is seam sealer.

DSC00923.jpg

Under seat area, no rust at all.

DSC00927.jpg

Load area is straight with no damage.

Underneath has been undersealed as well as wax oiled. It has been well cared for & not used much. You can just jump in, turn the key & go anywhere. It's good to go!

To find a RHD UK panel in this condition is almost impossible. Viewing is highly recommended.
The first serious person to look at this van will buy it, I am sure. It's a sound investment & may even be worth more than the asking price.

You couldn't restore one to this standard for anywhere near that price. Do the maths.

Genuine 54,000 miles from new, unwelded RHD UK van.

Nobody want this?

Ok, I am desperate to sell it, so will except your offer of £1,000.

pete nice said:

Hang on, hang on - that's not serious right? I might know some people who are willing to pay more than that, admittedly perhaps not a great deal more, but at that price....

Is this still for sale? If it is i cant understand why......'tis a true b.e.a.uty :D

pete nice said:

Man, sucks for me. Just bought this instead.
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19367&p=169125#p169125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At any rate, best of luck. Looking it over again, I'm sure it's actually worth double that.

That jammy dodger sure does look good..

If Pete resists that he is a mad-man.

I'll give a grand an a full pack of jammie dodgers strawberry and blackcurrent jam!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts