Beetle engine into bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preston

Reaction score
Hi all I have a beetle engine on the way to me. Who sells the best kit to bolt it to the engine bar? If you are running a beetle engine I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of the kit fitted
Thanks in advance

preston said:
Hi all I have a beetle engine on the way to me. Who sells the best kit to bolt it to the engine bar? If you are running a beetle engine I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of the kit fitted
Thanks in advance

I have to say I am not keen on the idea of supporting the whole assembly on the four studs originally designed to only hold the oil pump onto the crankcase.

When you receive the engine, check it over because you might be lucky and find the case is a universal one. :)

The bracket is'nt just held in place by the 4 oil pump studs the bracket also fastens to bottom bolt in engine case. I've fitted a few for people and never had a complaint.Depending on what oil pump and case combination you have you might have to get longer oil pump studs,Alex can supply them.Just make sure the studs are not too long and dig into flywheel pulley,if they are just cut them leaving a few threads protuding though nuts
Robert
:idea: :)

Thanks for the responses, I decided not to go though with it as sounds like it would have been to much hassle to fit and would much rather have the correct block with the mounting holes. So I'm now still on the look out for an engine. The chap I was getting it off has another engine which I'm just waiting on a spec for but is a 2110cc instead of the 2276cc which I was going for. I'm I going to be disappointed in a 2110 compared to a 2276. Im currently running a 1776 and have never been in anything aircooled that's bigger

Latest posts