Brake upgrade

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not entirely necessary to change the rear setup to disc brakes for most, but then again looking at changing the entire setup

Unfortunately, gone past the point of no return now. and sold the Original single port '67 engine + gearbox (sacrilege, i know :confused:)

but. want to be pushing out at least 250hp coupled with decent reliability - so now aiming for something completely different - an Electric drivetrain

have a vR6 T5 (R32 engine) so used to that kind of power and ideally want the bay to be at least able to keep up with that!

Yes it out stops my bmw 330ci, I’ve had to weld baffles in the deep sump because it stops so hard the oil light comes on if I stand on them at speed 🫣😂

The hubs fit straight on the stock spindles, you use type 2 bearing but need a spacer which goes in the middle of them and yes you’ll need those brackets.

10mm spacers and my 15x5.5 gasburners fit fine 😉
-Actually, had a question on the spindles and caliper brackets - but rather than continuing to highjack someone else's thread 😳 ..thought I better start a new one!

I did a nice cheap brake set up last year and they have worked really well. I used mk3 caddy disc's and calipers they are 5×112 stud pattern and they are cheap to replace but you will have to run 15" wheels. I think it cost me £100 to buy the second hand brake set up and the late bay hubs and make the bracket to mount the caliper.

I did a nice cheap brake set up last year and they have worked really well. I used mk3 caddy disc's and calipers they are 5×112 stud pattern and they are cheap to replace but you will have to run 15" wheels. I think it cost me £100 to buy the second hand brake set up and the late bay hubs and make the bracket to mount the caliper.
that sounds interesting.. happen to have any pics?

Latest posts