Beetle engine V Camper engine?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironage

Reaction score
Hi

This might be a dumb question! I,ve got the chance of a new (no mileage) Mexican 1600cc Beetle engine block for the camper project, Is there any difference /problem in swapping it over to replace my 1600cc Camper engine. Was hoping to use this block and swap over tinware etc.

Thanks

Graham

bug or universal case?

the new mex motors i'm not too sure on but usually if fitting a bug engine you need a engine mount plate as the bus has a rear bar and the bug it hangs off the gearbox alone

the mex engines are a straight swop.the bolt holes are there for the rear suport bar.least the one i got a couple of years ago did and i cant see em changing something like that.

Thanks Fellas for the replies, i took the old engine out today and it became clear to me the tapped holes and how the rear support bar are fixed, my Brother has the mexican engine so i'll get him to check if it has the holes! sounds promising, fngers crossed, i know its unleaded and has done no miles , thanks again

Graham

OK checked the engine and it is a universal case (has the tapped holes for rear support) it isn't mexican but made in Brazil ! its a 1600 twin port with brazilian carb and its done no miles! will it be good to power our Bay?

cheers