• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bellhousing wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simshaz

Reaction score
Looking to buy a Bellhousing or something to help me make a bench start set up
Listen to any ideas and all info appreciated

hy hightop 72 sorry for thread hopping, i want a bellhousing for a late bay type 4 engine can you help please thanks

I will take one as well if they bolt to a type 4, where are you in the world

hy hightop 72 sorry for thread hopping, i want a bellhousing for a late bay type 4 engine can you help please thanks emailed friday mate interested if you will post , fy41hq ,obv ill pay extra ,let me know please thanks where you based

I am in East sussex. Ok there is a bit of a queue forming here! I have only 2 left now and cant remember which ones they are. Please bare with me untill tommorrow evening. I have just finished a stint of 7 nightshifts!!!

Shimshaz- your post so one can be for you. I have 2 bellhousings now as Colin on another thread has bagged one. I have one early bay one without mounting ears and one slightly later with the ears. As far as type 4 engines, as long as you are not using the very late 228mm clutch and flywheel, then any of these should work. These bellhousings are for the shorter starter motor. Anyway if you are just running an engine up, why do you need to have a clutch on at all?? You dont even need to use the bush to take up the gap btween the flywheel and input shaft, because the shaft is not present!!

Test stand for me
Type 4 currently in bits in the workshop so need to run her up once back together rather than mess around once back in the Bus. Let me know how to pay you and an address i can collect from. Can do tomorrow night if needs be as working in swindon and can just carry on round 25 on way home

Hi I will be up towards Gatwick tommorrow evening. My number is 07795146004. It depends on what time you pass as to where I will be. Best call me first buddy

Good to meet you .. hope to get her on the road and perhaps see you at a show or 2 this year .. funds permitting

Latest posts