Bespoked 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aspro said:
dubscum said:
what's the deal with no pedals?. I take its not for moving them about. And if its for cleats then why leave them off dirt bikes ?
I looked at a £2K mountain bike and it was an extra £70 for the pedals. A tad useless without?

all the bikes look amazing. I want to build a fixie

Pedals are very personal to riders Ash. I guess that's why they don't sell them with them on. Cleats work great on Mountain bikes too. I rode cross country with them and wouldn't consider doing it with standard pedals. As for wanting to build a fixie, ummmm...you turning hipster on us? :lol: Get some gears I say. ;)

I've got a fixie.....

sparkywig said:
aspro said:
dubscum said:
what's the deal with no pedals?. I take its not for moving them about. And if its for cleats then why leave them off dirt bikes ?
I looked at a £2K mountain bike and it was an extra £70 for the pedals. A tad useless without?

all the bikes look amazing. I want to build a fixie

Pedals are very personal to riders Ash. I guess that's why they don't sell them with them on. Cleats work great on Mountain bikes too. I rode cross country with them and wouldn't consider doing it with standard pedals. As for wanting to build a fixie, ummmm...you turning hipster on us? :lol: Get some gears I say. ;)

I've got a fixie.....

I'm no hipster, just a bike fan and I like the cleanness of a fixie :D

Still don't get the pedals tho. Frames, wheels, handle bars, brakes surely are personal to the riders too?

Well done for taking all those photos Simon, it was an awesome show 8) .

:msn4: First thing I replace on a bike is usually the pedals (with shimano m520s).

I used to work in a bike shop, we'd end up with boxes of standard issue pedals that never got fitted and no one wanted.
We'd never put them on display bikes either, to stop scallys grabbing one and riding off! :lol:

some awesome bikes there, gutted I missed it again :(

fixies are so last year (am old and like freewheels these days :lol: ) but still want to have one of these one day

001_zps2e4a4214.jpg

too many lovely bikes there to pick a favourite though 8)

Sparkywig thanks for posting it looked & sounded great.

A bit mass production but I always fancied a Whyte Preston. I wouldn't ride it, I'd mount it on the living room wall.

Beautiful craftsmanship on display there.

Phil.

Latest posts