Techenders

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zooming right in on the yellow bus with its vents on steroids, does that also have wipers sweeping to the kerbside, same as on the first blue van.
I’d seen an Australian import with similar vents on Kombi Klassics (but had normal wiper orientation)

Yup you do indeed get a free biscuit and an ice cold bottle of Stella if you come up to Techenders for it.
BUT,,,,,,,, what is the giveaway???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, there’s a clue in the picture. :)

Well I'm party to a bit of insider knowledge as Doug is a mate of mine, but as for the clue in the picture I'll hold my hands up and admit I've no idea...

It's the wipers. Only Oz buses have the wipers correct for RHD.

Spot on. I think the yellow one is also an Ozzie import with another SCUBY conversion. There’s two giveaways on most and one on others, I think it may depend on the State it was registered in when new. Some states insisted on having outside access to the gas bottle with an exterior opening gas bottle cupboard. But the Oz government wouldn’t allow VWs to be produced there without RHD wipers and if you look ever so closely you’ll see that the wipers will clean the whole screen in front of the driver with the wipers ending up vertical on the offside screen edge. The other thing you’ll see is the grommets where the ordinary wipers would have been fitted.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,unless the front pan3ls been altered. :)

Latest posts