Best colour white roof for early bay panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I'm after a nice vw vintage white roof /bumper colour to suit my 69 panel .Any help plus paint code would be great

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was looking at changing my roof to white, after consulting the samba colours and years and looking at a few doods from here at the weekend, im going for cloud white, which is the true roof colour for a 1970 :mrgreen:

Hi Easy ,I was thinking either cloud white or lotus white which seems to be age correct for my 69 panel .By the way not sure if you remember me from The Krazy Dub Club meets . I used to have a metallic blue 65 split panel which I regrettably sold . I've now got Luis's old VolksTuning
69 panel which I've done a whole heap to since picking it up. It's going in to have some paint this weekend .im hoping to try and keep the upper script and door script if possible .
Bumpers and roof will be lotus white of cloud white .
Cheers Jamie

fozworth said:
Hi Easy ,I was thinking either cloud white or lotus white which seems to be age correct for my 69 panel .By the way not sure if you remember me from The Krazy Dub Club meets . I used to have a metallic blue 65 split panel which I regrettably sold . I've now got Luis's old VolksTuning
69 panel which I've done a whole heap to since picking it up. It's going in to have some paint this weekend .im hoping to try and keep the upper script and door script if possible .
Bumpers and roof will be lotus white of cloud white .
Cheers Jamie

fucking hell! hello dood! its been an age, loved your split, but much better in a bay right! :mrgreen:

Defo catch you soon! :mrgreen:

easy said:
I was looking at changing my roof to white, after consulting the samba colours and years and looking at a few doods from here at the weekend, im going for cloud white, which is the true roof colour for a 1970 :mrgreen:

Yep, cloud white L581 is the choice IMO

matt-me said:
easy said:

Yep, cloud white L581 is the choice IMO

Thats what im thinking :)

Yep that's what I'm having .Bus went in on Saturday ,sadly as I supected it has so many areas that are needing blowing in that it's going to be easier and better to completely paint the whole van inside n out. The problem I faced was while I love the patina look and old sign writing mine was nether .yhe paint was 10 years old and the sign writing about 7 year old .so it would mean trying to save nog great and certainly not patina paint and quite cruidly painted sign writing . So I've decided to give the bus what it deserves and then get some nice quality sign writing painted back on (possibly the same but better) and some pin striping .Only thing I might do is ask if it can have a satin clear coat as I like the flat non shiny finish but not sure if that's a good move?
Will keep you updated.

Looking good mate, Personally id leave it blue as Panels didnt have white roof , but its your van

Look forward to seeing it after paint 8)

Cheers Grazy.Yeh I get what your saying but I just find the whole bus being blue to much.I think if I had your colour (what is it by the way) or mouse grey my favourite I wouldn't mind as much being that it's lighter. I would go for one of those colours but as my mate who's painting it pointed out ,when it was repainted in blue they totally stripped it to a bare shell so by keeping it the same blue if you were to look up under any part that doesn't get painted then it will be colour correct and grey is a long way off blue so would show if it wasn't a full dash out job etc. although the outside of the dash is being repainted again just to match with the new .
Just hope it's going to look good. Can't make up my mind on wether to have a satin /flat lacquer finish once painted to loose the shine ??

Latest posts