Best quality garage tools?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donallanwalker

Reaction score
Hey guys, just starting to build my tool collection for working on the van, just wondered what everyones opinions were on best tools for value for working at home in the garage??

I have never been disappointed with any of the Halfords Professional tools, taken apart and built umpteen different cars, still as shape as they where when I bought them 12years ago!

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice
Snap on, Teng,
Halfords Pro Range, look out for promotions
All come with lifetime guarantee

Halfords pro stuff is good, and I have a lot of britool tools too not expensive if you shop around, but I also search regularly for second hand snap on, on eBay especially for the regularly used stuff as there is a few bargains out there and it's covered for life :)

Thanks guys, just ordered a load of halfords pro, seems to be the way forward unless your totally loaded :)

donallanwalker said:
Thanks guys, just ordered a load of halfords pro, seems to be the way forward unless your totally loaded :)

Might want to hold out on that order. They regularly do half price deals on their tool kits.

aspro said:
donallanwalker said:

Might want to hold out on that order. They regularly do half price deals on their tool kits.

Id expect a discount day this coming week on Black Friday ;)

buy cheap sets, then replace individually the ones you break with good ones - no point spending lots of cash on sockets and spanner sizes which you'll never use!

ps I have a pristine set of Halfords pro imperial sockets if you want to buy them!

for value vs quality halfords pro range is where i would put my money. Cant beat a lifetime replacement. I had my set for 7 years only broke a philips socket head and they replaced it on the spot no questions asked.

i bought a KAMASA socket and spanner set when i started work 25 years ago what i have'nt lost is still going strong even the ratchet

http://www.toolconnection.co.uk/aboutus.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

interesting "about us" for kamasa.

I've been working with al lot of low cost tools during many years, with a lot of defect tools and annoyance.
Some month ago I bought a quite complete Gedore tool trolley with socket sets, cranked wrench keys, screwdrivers, pliers, open ended and ring spanners, wrench keys etc.
It's certainly not a bargain but I had to buy it years ago! :mrgreen:

Yeah, as others say. I bought a full Halfords Prof. Set 13 years ago. Still going strong now, in original case. Snap On, MAC and Teng are nice, but bloody expensive.

Also consider that if you had a load of Snap On Tools etc, you'd need to list them separately on your house insurance, as they may exceed the individual items cost in your policy.

I use Britool socket sets & spanners,
for tightening stuff I use Norbar torque wrenches..
I've got two new quality Stahwille digital torque wrenches for sale if anyone's interested :)
Andy

Latest posts