BIG red

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
squareweave said:
Body is all wet sanded and ready for a polish. My garage floor looks like we gutted a whale in there :lol:

Love that quote :lol:

Wow - you certainly have been a busy boy :D

Your van is coming along real nice Gonna be a special bus when finished

Sorry , no time for a long description of work done but here are a few pics. Its back on all 4 wheels (stock ones this time) As you can see there is a bit of carnage in the way. 20 days until I leave and tons of work to be done. I will fill you all in on what I have done lately (and there was lots) when I have more of time. But for now here you go:
P5050115.jpg

P5050116.jpg

Im going to run the spare on the front for this trip for more room and the mount is already there. Polished up the OG paint front bumper too, CLR, a wet sand and tons of hand polishing.

P5050118.jpg

A quick first clean, more to come

P5050117.jpg

It's looking great Richard!
Hard to believe were starting our road trip in only 20 days!
For those who don't know were (Richard in his 69 and me in my 72) heading from Vancouver BC to Sacramento on the 26th then onto the VW Classic.
I think we'll have to start a thread for the trip!

Who's going to be at the Classic?

awsome work dude,really loving your bus.wish i could make the classic this year and check it out but its not going to happen,you going next year too?

nice! ant interior shots -does it have a fridge?behind drivers seat? is it part westy interior?

keep the pics coming love it

10 days and counting!

I just had a sneek peek at Richards bus yesterday, I gotta say it's one of the most rust free Bay's I've ever seen!

Mine just a few weeks ago as purchased, so much work to do and so little time!
804633.jpg

Hello there my fellow bus man , im very pleased to view both of your buses on this forum , could you give me more info on interiors as why one has a westy interior and what is the make/model of the brown interior , the tops are both ADVENTUREWAGENS-right??? any info would be cool . Have a great time at the classic ,have a hotdog on me!!!tell hotdog fred to put on my ac)
will meet up with you guys next year at the classic

nice one

Latest posts