BIT OF ADVICE RE RE EVALUATION BY INSURANCE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downsouth

Reaction score
Hello, We bought our bus for £5400 in April. No mot, no uk registration.

We have had about 2k worth of work done on it (welding engine tuning etc), it now has a uk mot, reg and has a gene berg 1776 engine.

I sent off details to Hert Insurance for a re-evaluation specifying all the work we had done, and letter from garage who did it saying they thought the bus would be at least £8500 to replace as it is, and the new evaluation they came back with was..................wait for it...................£5500.

So all that work has increased the bus value by £100.

Can anyone advise how to get these bas$turds to give me a proper evaluation.

regards

steve

ask them if a club evaluation is an option remember unless they really pick over it they can only go off cribs..

if they will speak to Clem who values busses on here.....

it may be that it has its ceiling value already but not seeing it I cant comment.....

I do valuation sfor my club members aswell. I would give them a call back and speak to them as to what else you can do to get an increase in your agreed value. It will more than likely mean somebody of relevant qualifications will have to give a valuation on your bus. 8)

thanks chaps, I thought it might need and independant evaluation.

I mean it does look a bit of a heap still, and you wouldn't know it was anything special.
They don't seem to understand that its an early bay, gene berg 1776 engine and was not even road worthy or taxed when i bought her, so how can she only be worth what i paid unless I was ripped off to start with?

I am not bothered about the money, it is just from what i have been told, i would have to pay a lot more than their valuation to get another like her. I am not selling anyway, but if someone nicks it I am in trouble. :(

Thats the point of the agreed valuation to cover the amount it would cost to rebuild this bus. I would go to a good reputable VW garage and ask them for a valuation on your bus and then pass this on to HIC. I am with them and have never had any trouble with regards to getting the value i know it would be to replace it. 8)

I can do you a valuation if it will help. Just send me a load of pics and details .... but it will depend on the policy you have, I guess.

Latest posts