Blimey..........how time passes quick.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber cool

Reaction score
I've just realised I haven't been on here for 5 months :shock:

My camper is at my mums house tucked up in the garage, last used at my mates wedding in Sept 12.
I've had a short break from Vw's, tinkering with US cars instead ( mid life crisis I think). I walked past the noticeboard in the kitchen and saw the 'new' tax disc for the camper, expires Dec 13, so that means its not been used for 6 months :shock: :shock:

I must go and get the camper back and re commission for summer (if we ever have one)

I think the short break was a mid life crisis for a v8 rumble,
Picture052.jpg

DSCF6956.jpg

its sounded great but was too new and ugly :lol:

So sold this and bought a 66 Ford Galaxie, but Christ what a bad paint job!
5531519543b10fe34.jpg

But with 4 weeks work now looks like this and is on the road.
553151be23113c647.jpg

553151be22b69ecfa.jpg

553151be22f330cd8.jpg

Must admit its nice to not have to change down to go up any incline :lol:

But i've still got the camper and Beetle, never selling them :D

thats cool loving the high up front end and new paint ...pretty much spot on :D .....i was thinking maybe the next one might be a yank :shock: but then we saw a vw we just couldnt resist and im currently half way through building it for my wife ....

chris

Good work, think I remember seeing that Galaxie on eBay. Love what you've done with it :)

Shorty said:
I gotta lot of love for classic americana.. I reckon it's pretty common amongst classic VW owners..
I think you're right a lot in the hot rodders in the scene started on vw's and some still have them.

NaFe, One of my mates wen out to Oz and got himself a lovely paintina'd 60 Beetle, been stood in the desert for 30 years.

Yeah Camper will be back out again soon.

Galaxie lower now, another 60 mm down in the front. :mrgreen:
553151c61a938cc90.jpg

553151c61af200eb6.jpg

full build thread here, I say build thread i've only had it 4 weeks!
[urlhttp://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/garage/66-galaxie-500-a-81252][/url]

Airtime said:
I love it! 8)

What's that turbo doing there in the last pic? You're not going to...? ;) 8)
Yep Sure am :shock: Going to run it around for summer then strip the head off recon the head and re seat valves etc then modify the exhaust manifold to take the turbo. :evil:

Latest posts