BlueBird Cab Bunks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark-J

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody had any feedback on the Cab Bunks from BlueBird Customs. I like the sound of not having to fit pillar mounting brackets.

I have one that my 3 year old girl sleeps on - she loves it!

Can't comment or compare it to others but I'd certainly recommend it. Each pole is in 2 sections which makes storage very easy.

Would love to tel you but i ordered one at dubfreeze and it still hasn't showed up :evil:
I've emailed a few times but no luck, actually gonna have to pick up the phone and communicate tomorrow! :lol:

Bought one last year and very impressed. Drilling the pillars was straight forward if a little nerve wracking. Also managed to find some neat fitting grommets in Halfords to cover up the holes. The poles are very sturdy and we also find the bunk useful for storage as well as a bed for our 6 year old who loves it. To find it most useful in the chilly months or when it is windy as we just pull down the pop up. PM me with email address if you'd like pictures

I've been waiting for weeks for these & gave up & ordered one from JK. It came today & didn't have instructions, I got them to email me them so pleased I did as correct fitting was quite different to how I was going to do it.

JK one seems OK, but I still think the Bluebird pictures just sell it to me so much more

cnv00001-1.jpg

are those extras available as pairs like that or can you buy them individually ;)

Mine has now been fitted and it's very good and easy to install.

I climbed on it myself and bent the poles :cry: and I'm just under 13st.

I've straightened them back out and my little girl loved it on there. I certainly wouldn't recommend two adults on it like the two girls on the ad.

Yep, bought and fitted one this weekend. The kids love it BUT the smaller of the poles is very weak. After just one afternoon it was bend, and my sons just 5.

looking at the BlueBird one I'd probably say the JK is stronger, but then the poles don't fold away so you have to store them at their full length, and, you have to have crappy plastic mounting point on your A and B posts.

I'd go for the BlueBird, unless you're trying to sleep an elephant on it!

I think Bluebird one is much better, I bought one and fitted it and then my parents bought us one not realising we had already got one.

So it's For Sale if any of you wants it's make me an offer, brand new never fitted and reciept! Can take it to bus types or Stanford hall.

Biscuit said:
I think Bluebird one is much better, I bought one and fitted it and then my parents bought us one not realising we had already got one.

So it's For Sale if any of you wants it's make me an offer, brand new never fitted and reciept! Can take it to bus types or Stanford hall.

I'll have it if the price is right? Let me know how much you want for it posted, bearing in mind they're £50 new.

Cheers, Ollie

Biscuit said:

*cough* :msn4: :lol:

I've got the dormobile one, which is solid as F**K. Very easy to install, and works with seats with headrests too, which I know, and cause issues with some.
Pictures can be posted, depending on the state of flights this week as I have to travel on tuesday for work (but we will see).

Latest posts