BlueBird Cab Bunks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adamski said:
I've got the dormobile one, which is solid as F**K. Very easy to install, and works with seats with headrests too, which I know, and cause issues with some.
Pictures can be posted, depending on the state of flights this week as I have to travel on tuesday for work (but we will see).

Does anyone know if Devon ever made cab bunks like westie did?

Ok I got a cab bunk yesterday, but I haven't a clue how to mount it, has anyone got a picture of how the posts fix to the bus?

Cheers Ollie

Daft question please.....I've got the origanol westie mounting points so would rather get something to use those - does the Bluebird one use these or is it a case of having to find a westie one?

Does anyone know if Devon ever made cab bunks like westie did?
Oh yes!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/71devoncaravette/21.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/71devoncaravette/22.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rarer than a westy or dormobile one though!!

Slammed said:
Ok I got a cab bunk yesterday, but I haven't a clue how to mount it, has anyone got a picture of how the posts fix to the bus?

Cheers Ollie

Is yours fixed with brackets or do you need to drill holes for the pins at the end of the poles to fit into like this?

P9110222.jpg

Holes covered with Halford grommet

P9110217.jpg

P9110224.jpg

Slammed said:
Bugger, looks like I need brackets which I didn't get. :(

The bag with the screws in, had the blue bird brackets in and they were wrapped in the bunk materail.

Biscuit said:
Slammed said:
Bugger, looks like I need brackets which I didn't get. :(

The bag with the screws in, had the blue bird brackets in and they were wrapped in the bunk materail.

Screws? I'll have a look on Friday, fingers crossed they didn't fall out, the box was slightly open - bloody Royal Mail! :lol:

dubscum said:
:lol: :lol:

whats with the bunk ? i know your over 4ft :lol:

For storage as we only have seats and a table in our bus, Dani tends to just throw her crap everywhere and then moans at me in the mornign when she can't find it! Thought this might organise things a bit.

Slammed said:
dubscum said:
:lol: :lol:

whats with the bunk ? i know your over 4ft :lol:

For storage as we only have seats and a table in our bus, Dani tends to just throw her crap everywhere and then moans at me in the mornign when she can't find it! Thought this might organise things a bit.

Isn't that women in general? My wife's handbag/suitcase contents doesn't stay in the case for more than 5 minutes when we go away anywhere. Why do they feel the need to empty it all and dump it on the bed?!

Yeah, I just got some Z hinges so be nice to get it all ship shape for the summer.

Sydney1 said:
Slammed said:

Cheers Ollie

Is yours fixed with brackets or do you need to drill holes for the pins at the end of the poles to fit into like this?

P9110222.jpg

P9110217.jpg

P9110224.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old post but what bunk is this? I have a Devon with original holes. I wish to fit a bunk that I can plonk straight in.
Seems all I have seen use there own brackets and not original Devon holes.

Just to throw a curve-ball, you can get a bunk from http://www.wolfburgclassicparts.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is a copy of a westi one I think or they will be at Busfest if you pre-order to save the postage....and they come with brackets !

dean_butler said:
Sydney1 said:
Slammed said:

Cheers Ollie

P9110222.jpg

P9110217.jpg

P9110224.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old post but what bunk is this? I have a Devon with original holes. I wish to fit a bunk that I can plonk straight in.
Seems all I have seen use there own brackets and not original Devon holes.

This is my bus and the bunk came from Bluebird

Latest posts