Bosswerks T2a rear LED lights - Still available?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scull

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Just wondering whether Bosswerks LED rear lights are still available for our T2a's and whether anyone on here has used them and would like to share a review.
Also, do you need to change the indicator relay when fitting these units? I have tried their contact us web page with some techy questions but not received any response. Many thanks. Scull.

Same query here, i messaged bosswerks a few times to confirm some things before making a purchase, but never got a response.
My query was how heat resistant those 3D printed backing plates were in being exposed from their rear to engine bay heat.
In my experience most of the plastics used for additive manufacturing are not too good over the long term.

Good point. That's why I was scouting here from some reviews from previous purchasers. Hopefully someone will respond from this forum in a few days. Sounds like they are no longer trading but there is a mobile number on their FB pages. I'll try calling or texting that tomorrow and will report back here.

Good point. That's why I was scouting here from some reviews from previous purchasers. Hopefully someone will respond from this forum in a few days. Sounds like they are no longer trading but there is a mobile number on their FB pages. I'll try calling or texting that tomorrow and will report back here.
Good plan. I’m pretty sure most vans on here could do with a little lighting upgrade, I know mine could do with it front and back.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,any other good ones guys ? :unsure:

Really reasonably priced by having a quick browse.
Would you guys mind listing the product numbers and where they fit please?
The pdf guide doesn’t list earlybay year transporters.
Thank you.

Hi. The Classic Car LED website is a new find for me so thanks. It would be great if the part numbers for ordering was shared here but I can contact them direct tomorrow so I don't order the wrong items. I am after indicators (fronts & rears) and stop/rear LEDs. Did you guys also need to buy a replacement relay to make these work?

Hi scull, if you’re already calling them could you get the part numbers/links for all bulbs for our busses please?
Thank you
Or maybe go one bettererer and ask them to pop up a link to early bay lights or just pop a list on here. Maybe headlight variants too !

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, most of us would be up for it I guess. :)

Hi scull,
I have Bosswerks rear LED’s on my 71 bus. Bought them a couple of years back. No problems to report, engine bay heat not been an issue so far. Sad to learn they may have gone. They came with an indicator relay that you swap out.

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3071.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3072.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
here you go!
Email from them below.
I ended up buying most of it they suggested and all good!

Our recommendations for your T2 are as follows:

Pair of Headlight bulbs (hi/lo) - N177051 - These are cold white but have a French Yellow filter that can be easily added and is supplied. We have a 12v warm white option that may fit a T2 but you need to check as space is limited with some of the headlight buckets.

Pair of Stop (brake) bulbs (red) - N177371

4 x Indicator bulbs - N177311 Amber

Pair of Parking bulbs - N177171 Warm White or Cold White

License Plate bulb - N177191 Warm White or Cold White

6 x Instrument bulbs - 177221 - various colours

Interior Light bulb - N177231 - Various options

Indicator Relay - required due to the low load drawn by the LEDs. You also need to rewire the indicator warning light on the dash to be powered directly off the P tab on the flasher and also create an earth for it so it is isolated from the rest of the warning lights. The T2 uses a switched negative system, the LEDs use a switched live hence the need for this change.

The above is a generic T2 list. Some fittings may have been changed over time so please check your vehicle first before making a purchase.

Please note that unless specified (headlights) we sell all items as single units and that VAT will be added at checkout.

Blimey guys, that's quick work and thank you all very much for your feedback. Some great info here for all who are interested in brightening up there EB lights. I think I will buy most of them but the rewiring the indicator dash warning lights scares me a little as I am crap with leccy stuff. Changing the bulbs is about my limit 🤣.

Hi scull,
I have Bosswerks rear LED’s on my 71 bus. Bought them a couple of years back. No problems to report, engine bay heat not been an issue so far. Sad to learn they may have gone. They came with an indicator relay that you swap out.
Hi Dshosy. Glad to hear to have had no probs with Bosswerks rear LEDs. However, the latest threads on here seem to rate Classic Car LED bulbs website. A good shout I think if Bosswerks have gone down. Cheaper option as well.

Latest posts