Buddy box - what do you use yours for?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wannabay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've put 2 speakers in mine to supplement the ones in the doors
running off the original blaukpunkt radio converted by tadpole radio to 4x50w
great sounds now and can still use the coffee/beer holders!

I have a custom 'Subbox' and a 'Westybox'.

Subbox works so well and drops nice and low.
Other one is a perfect match to the west interior and is used for storage and camping.

They are both awesome. :mrgreen:

Myvanway said:
I have a custom 'Subbox' and a 'Westybox'.

Subbox works so well and drops nice and low.
Other one is a perfect match to the west interior and is used for storage and camping.

They are both awesome. :mrgreen:

Buddy box whore! :lol:

Wannabay said:
I've put 2 speakers in mine to supplement the ones in the doors
running off the original blaukpunkt radio converted by tadpole radio to 4x50w
great sounds now and can still use the coffee/beer holders!

I'm interested in the tadpole conversion. Any good? Worth the price?

Wow, that JBL subwoofer/box looks amazing, just dont spill your coffee on it!

The tadpole conversion is good if you want to keep things simple/stock and don't mind a limited radio station choice. I have the ipod/ashtray setup as well, so it'll run that via the cable. And I've found that the volume control is much smoother with 4 speakers than 2

Quick turnaround and they're happy to take calls/give advice

Ok, thanks. I've got a period radio but it needs repairing. I might just get the conversion done.

Anybody have plans for the buddy box? Would love to make one of my own.

They look easy to make, and if you use 18mm for the top you can use any colour arcade machine edge molding for the trim that you like. 12mm is quite limited in colours. I might make one for mine. Still have loads left after I trimmed my cabinets with cream arcade molding and I still have some old blue school desk tops I used for the table tops.

The teacher still hasn't realised they have grey tables now :lol: :lol:

VZg83FN.jpg

A question for buddy box owners though, does it not get a bit of a chore moving it all the time to use the walkthrough? :?:

I imagine if I had one, I'd use it for my daily drive and the walk through doesn't really matter. If not a buddy box, what works well for holding drinks?

dombus said:
I imagine if I had one, I'd use it for my daily drive and the walk through doesn't really matter. If not a buddy box, what works well for holding drinks?

There’s a few that attach to the ash tray, some look better than others. I’ve seen a couple with a cigarette or phone holder sporting two outriggers that work as cup or can holders.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, keep a weather eye on the for sale section :mrgreen:

Latest posts