Buddy seat seat belts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonmonkey02

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted these? And if so are there mounting points?

I have a 1970 Devon Caravette with two buddy seats behind passenger/driver seats. There are additional mounting points on each side near where the front seat belts are fixed on the bulk head but there doesn't appear to be any more to fix the belts on the sides of the bus, either at the top or bottom?

Are there mounting points in the floor (for a lap belt), i.e. near the sliding door and the same place on the other side or would i have to secure a mounting point?

If I wanted 3-point belts could the top mounting point for the front belts be doubled-up and used for the buddy seats as well?

Advice/pictures welcome, thanks.

moonmonkey02 said:
Has anyone fitted these? And if so are there mounting points?

I have a 1970 Devon Caravette with two buddy seats behind passenger/driver seats. There are additional mounting points on each side near where the front seat belts are fixed on the bulk head but there doesn't appear to be any more to fix the belts on the sides of the bus, either at the top or bottom?

Are there mounting points in the floor (for a lap belt), i.e. near the sliding door and the same place on the other side or would i have to secure a mounting point?

If I wanted 3-point belts could the top mounting point for the front belts be doubled-up and used for the buddy seats as well?

Advice/pictures welcome, thanks.

Not too sure if these pics help, but here is a company who do fitted belts:

http://www.seatbeltservice.co.uk/gallery-camper-vans.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts