bug tech shifter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi just remove all off the existing including and bolt straight in before final tightening just check you can get all the gears and they will be close

The plate might be to replace the existing shift plate and previously when I have fitted after market shifters they have recommended selecting 2nd then removing the shifter and fitting new.

Shaggybus said:
fitted now . thanks for the help.
what a great bit of kit
Got any PICS of it fitted? Wondering where the Big John sits height wise with the steering wheel

I have a bug tech shifter fitted and it's a brilliant bit of kit, well made, and works a dream. Travel on the stick has been drastically reduced and once you get used to how close each gear is it transforms your gear change forever!!

Please note tho:
It may not be to everyone's taste, as I bought mine second hand due to the guy not being able to get used to the closeness of the gears once fitted.
Horses for courses as they say!

Another side note:
It does leave a hole in the floor that you can see through to the road with as there is no rubber gator where the stick goes thru the floor to the gear linkage push rod underneath. Tis my only gripe, all be it a very small one

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Foz said:
I have a bug tech shifter fitted and it's a brilliant bit of kit, well made, and works a dream. Travel on the stick has been drastically reduced and once you get used to how close each gear is it transforms your gear change forever!!

Please note tho:
It may not be to everyone's taste, as I bought mine second hand due to the guy not being able to get used to the closeness of the gears once fitted.

Another side note:
It does leave a hole in the floor that you can see through to the road with as there is no rubber gator where the stick goes thru the floor to the gear linkage push rod underneath. Tis my only gripe, all be it a very small one

The think I would get some sort of leather gator made for it if I got one.

pkrboo said:
Foz said:

Please note tho:

Another side note:

The think I would get some sort of leather gator made for it if I got one.
It's something I will definitely be looking at doing once I get my bus back. Cant be too difficult to make a small rubber gator for it.

Latest posts