BUS PRICES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think prices are getting out of control. I think £10k for a pretty decent bay is a good price. Something the family can enjoy and not worry about scratching etc. I just bought a split for £8k. It's complete apart from the rear interior. Needs £200 of panels and the brakes sorting. It is scruffy, but will get a paint job next year. There are still affordable vans out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8k for a Splitscreen camper that only needs £200 worth of panels and a brake overhaul!
Wow that is a find! Got any pics or links to the advert! Good skills!

StuF said:
8k for a Splitscreen camper that only needs £200 worth of panels and a brake overhaul!
Wow that is a find! Got any pics or links to the advert! Good skills!

+1

364c974ce89fd12a6bfd690430b365e0.jpg

Imported from Oregon. Needs parts of cargo floor, long sill, offside cab floor, jacking points., cargo door bottom frames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing find! Exception rather than a rule though ;)

StuF said:
Awesome find!
I would drive that as is! Sweet

If it would pass the MOT I would.

Will do the welding, strip the undercarriage of all mechanicals, clean and por15. Go through the front brakes, beam etc, do the same at the rear.

Engine will need tuning/cleaning. It is a runner but for how long?

New custom wiring loom, leisure battery, mains hookup, euro spec rear lights etc.

Rock and roll bed, cabinet, fridge.

Then away we go.

I bought this 4 years ago for £6k

driversside.jpg

and along the way a few repairs and changes and I have this

and all I get from people I meet is wow that's a lovely camper what that worth :evil: :evil:

its not the point its my bus done to my taste used by me and my daughter its not about the money its about the buzz I get when im out in it

That's what I get, along with "did you know you can bolt a Porsche 911 engine straight in?". Yawn.......

its not just vw's that have gone up, i bought a ww2 military vehicle 15 years ago for £3500 top book on it now £18000, average price about £12000, also have a ww2 Norton paid £2000 for told last year there worth upto £8000
been looking at a ww2 harley's and they are now £12000 +
mate bought a ww2 jeep 17 years ago for £2500(was a nail) and now they can be up to £20000+,

i think every vehicle group has increased substantualy over last few years,

only problem is it is pricing everything out of reach of any younger new blood (unless they are from a rich family)

Fair play, even I'm stumped. Cockney Playboy sold his custom bus a week ago for £17k. A trader now has it on eBay for £28k!!

:shock:

Latest posts