Bus selecta your vans!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)
What i would really like to find on here are some pics of original '71 Dormobile interiors. We've had the van about 5 years now, and spent a lot overhauling the outside, but done nothing to the interior. I'd like to find some pics of original interiors to see what it should look like. When we bought the van the original front seats had been replaced for some Granada (I think) ones, and so the cooker which i think should be under the passenger seat had been replaced some something different. I'm not too bothered about that but would like to overhaul the furniture in the rear. The original coolbox was also missing. Does anybody know where i can find a replacement? Am I right in thinking it should go in the 'lift - up' cupboard to the right of the rear seat?

Try this site - lots of great info and links:

http://www.camperinterior.co.uk/html/vw_camper_interior_links.html

Can't help any more than that I'm afraid - I'm a Devon man myself!
;)

just what i was looking for - thanks. The buddy seats are long gone, and also as i suspected the cupboard on mine nearest the sliding door has been cut down, so that it is now level with the top of the panel behind the passenger seat. Mmm it seems I have my work cut out if I want to get the interior back to stock!
thanks again for the link

Don't forget to check out the vans at your local shows - it's always easier to see it in the flesh! Good luck with the resto - it'll be well worth it!

i was playing a littel bit on the computer 8)

projekt1.jpg

the actuel idea how she schould look after the resauration :D

Well this is Betsy and i don't think i'm too far off with the finished van considering i did the Bus Selecta at christmas 8)

mybus2.jpg

Image000-1.jpg

Just need the ladder and a couple more inches of drop :D

Nice work Dude, looking good!
Is that cider or lager on top? It looks a bit like a White Lightening bottle from here - is there something you're not telling us? :lol:

;)

White Lightening comes in blue bottles doesn't it :roll: I can't be Blackthorn either as its the only cider that gives me a headache :(
Lets say its a big bottle of Dr Pepper to go with the 1.75 ltr bottle of JD thats in the cooler 8) Mmmmm JD and the Dr 8) Is it too early for a drink :lol:

I was tempted to do this...

cabriola.jpg

but this is how mine should look eventually...

bay2.jpg

:D

Had this on my garage wall for over 4 years :!: :!:
busselecta.jpg

Kinda speaks for itself :D

Latest posts