Camper Jam 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it's not being cancelled :( :( !!!!!
Obviously I'd rather it stayed at £70 than £85, but if we can afford it we'd love to go back for 4th time in 2013.

Hope everything gets resolved!!

Well they made a hefty £70 profit just from me alone last year, refusing entry on the Sunday without so much as a refund or possible discount for 2013 for the inconvenience!!
I have absolutely no intentions of gifting my hard earned money away like that again to these money grabbers, (sorry but thats exactly what I think they are!)

Last year's weather, as well as making for a 'trying' weekend - taught us a lot. I apologise for those that did not enjoy themselves because of the weather and mud, but this was clearly out of our control. Many of you from last year's posts on here had a great time, regardless. The saying 'you can't please all of the people all of the time' rings very true."

This statement makes me laugh and yet also makes my blood boil at the same time!
With those amber flood warnings across the whole of the Midlands in particular given out all week preceeding the event, how they possibly thought the rain was going to miraculously miss Weston Park is beyond comprehension itself!!!
All the warning signs were there, and everyone questioned it still going ahead....everyone bar the organisers, blissfully unaware of any imminent flooding??? I think not!!

Toys out of pram perhaps....?
They can throw the toys out of the pram all they like as far as I am concerned, I know I will be taking my custom elsewhere this year, as I hope many others who suffered the same fate as myself will too! to mirror the contempt shown by the organisers to its loyal customer and fan base...the people who actually make this show what it is!

Very well said Foz.

How is it that a small show like The Bus Stop could be professional enough to cancel at very short notice given an equally appalling weather forecast, individually notify web purchasers of this AND refund all costs within just a couple of weeks. This compares well with Camper Jam who, it appears, do not have the decency to at least refund its customers who were denied access on the Sunday.

I'll be booking up for The Bus Stop again this year.

When CamperJam announce a way forward we'll start a new thread for those that wish to go. I hope we'll be back to a good Early Bay line up next summer.

FWIW I was glad they didn't cancel this year, after a summer of constantly abandoned shows it was nice to actually get to one. It was tough going on the main site area but there was a good atmosphere there and was good fun,

It's disappointing to see the additional camping charge being levied but only they know the sums, if people think that big shows are going to be getting cheaper then they are mistaken, it's a fact of life I'm afraid but how they manage it is up to them. Busfest has shown an event can survive a price hike of this type and we'll have to see what other shows follow suit.

Hopefully there will be a CamperJam '13 that we can choose whether or not to go to.

:)

Foz said:
Well they made a hefty £70 profit just from me alone last year, refusing entry on the Sunday without so much as a refund or possible discount for 2013 for the inconvenience!!
I have absolutely no intentions of gifting my hard earned money away like that again to these money grabbers, (sorry but thats exactly what I think they are!)

It sounds like you paid for a weekend ticket. If thats the case we were letting people in with 'Weekend' tickets on the Sunday, just not 'Day' visitors. I have no idea why you were refused entry?

Delilahtoo said:
This compares well with Camper Jam who, it appears, do not have the decency to at least refund its customers who were denied access on the Sunday.

We refunded every Sunday Day visitor who pre-paid for their ticket.

having read the numeous threads on this event from various sites & facebook and now having looked at http://www.stuartmears.com/ i wouldn't be surprised if the event doesn't run, and anyone who has paid doesn't get their money back: looks like this chap and his various companies have a dubious pattern of running events and owing money to people.

as one who paid but didn't attend the event last year due to the weather, despite assurances from the organisers it was business as usual in the days leading up to the event, i won't be spending my money with this company but will spend it elsewhere.

good luck if you decide to prepay.

moonmonkey02 said:
having read the numeous threads on this event from various sites & facebook and now having looked at http://www.stuartmears.com/ i wouldn't be surprised if the event doesn't run, and anyone who has paid doesn't get their money back: looks like this chap and his various companies have a dubious pattern of running events and owing money to people.

as one who paid but didn't attend the event last year due to the weather, despite assurances from the organisers it was business as usual in the days leading up to the event, i won't be spending my money with this company but will spend it elsewhere.

good luck if you decide to prepay.

This chap and his various companies DO NOT have dubious pattern of running events and owing money to people.

This chap had been plagued by false information and vindictive behaviour by others for over 2 years now. Please don't believe everything you read :(

If you want to read stuff read this, this is the truth and straight from the horses mouth:

http://stuartmears.co.uk/2011/12/15/that-website-pt-one/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://stuartmears.co.uk/2012/01/03/that-website-pt-two/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Stuart (Stuart Mears)

CamperJam said:
It sounds like you paid for a weekend ticket. If thats the case we were letting people in with 'Weekend' tickets on the Sunday, just not 'Day' visitors. I have no idea why you were refused entry?

We refunded every Sunday Day visitor who pre-paid for their ticket.

I wasn't refused entry, i never went in the end. I kept up to date on this forum on the farce that was unfolding at Weston Park, right from the opening on Friday! The reason i was more interested and at the same time concerned about the welfare of this event was because of the appalling weather conditions forecast for that week/weekend!

It came as absolutely no surprise to find pictures of what i can only describe as a pure mudbath, emerging on the forum threads, as early as Saturday afternoon! People there already warning of unacceptable conditions!
On Saturday evening it was announced no CamperJam website that ALL entry to the event on Sunday will be refused, no mention of weekend ticket holders being allowed in at all!??

Living only 20mins drive from the show, I was well aware of the weather front coming in! I was that concerned in fact i emailed David Eccles 2 days prior to voice my concerns, and was assured everything was in hand, and still going ahead as planned. I was gobsmacked even then to be honest!

But they were the guys on the ground, the organisers, so who am i to question their decision??
Well when it ends up costing me £70 of my hard earned money, then i think i have every right to question!
It seems to me camperjam have got their priorities wrong in refunding the drop of a hat day visitors, whilst the die hard pre-booked show fans get punished for the full fee!

I wrote another email to the organisers after, politely asking for a refund for the Sunday only, i felt this only fair in the circumstances, but this was refused outright with not even so much as an apology!
Absolutely disgusting if you ask me!

Im sure mine isn't an isolated case either.....many many people utterly disappointed and feel let down by CamperJam themselves!

On the flip side, many went and enjoyed the muddy Frivolities, and for those Im happy! At least some good came from what i will always consider a total disaster of an event!!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Time to draw a line under this me thinks and, as Clem suggests, to open a new thread for those who want to attend once Camperjam announce the new arrangements.

It has been interesting reading though. :roll:

And Foz still hasn't got his refund. :evil:

they have announced £10 off for 2012 visitors if you pay by nov 30th, you'll get an e-mail code sent to the addy used to buy 2012 tickets, so basically 2 adults is £70 plus £5 post if paid by nov 30 and you went last year.

Right, as there is a way ahead I'll lock this thread and the new CamperJam thread will be regarding next years event.
CamperJam 12 was critiqued back in July and as I recall, most were happy enough with the event.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts