can we have partners in chrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clyde said:
faux said:
My bus is a FAUX Deluxe........am I in? :mrgreen:

mjknight71 said:
I have a pseudo faux deluxe ;) .........grill trim is in the lounge, rear bumper trim is on the landing, front badge in the buddy seat in the back........

....can i join? :mrgreen:

;) Looks like you wouldnt be the only Faux Deluxe in that line up mate.

:mrgreen:

Mike F said:
Just thought I'd dig out these pics of the first Partners in Chrome lineup at Vanfest back in 2006. This display predates even earlybay.com so we should be right up there at the very top. Beat that panels, westies and the rest!

For the record the red van is baron's, Dunc's is the cream one, mine the maroon and the ultra low and apparently rapid burnt orange van is Kev's.

DSCN2145Large.jpg

DSCN2140Large.jpg

ah its a thing of beauty that mike 8)

Dead right Scott! I cannot recall whose the green bus was though.

I'll pm you with details of the Partners special plans... keep them quiet though, no riffraff!

does my microbus count as having bling and qualifying as a partner in chrome?

DSCF3194-1.jpg

:mrgreen:

Mike F said:
.......... and apparently rapid burnt orange van is Kev's.

DSCN2145Large.jpg

NO Apparently about it,

Kev ran a 2332cc Turbo Type 1 Engine with a PB of 14.3 sec 1/4 Mile, That is VERY RAPID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FtpwmVa0Pc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The same engine in a Bug saw him well into the 11's

I Like the sound of this Partners in Chrome

I Presume i can also make the grade, I have US dealer Chrome Bumpers, It's a 69 Microbus Deluxe.

sadly I do need to re fit my window seals with all the trim, but that's for another year.

4254_181726530443_813030443_7002263_2612122_n.jpg

scott wilson said:
back at the top please???????? at the end of the day the deluxe model was top of the spec list and should be so here non?
jeez as if i haven`t got better things to stress about :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

top of what?

though clearly they are top in terms of style and sophistication ;) :mrgreen:

the green bus (i think its a SA colour) in the vanfest lineup belonged to tim from northallerton, he sold it and fled to new zealand at some point

baron said:
the green bus (i think its a SA colour) in the vanfest lineup belonged to tim from northallerton, he sold it and fled to new zealand at some point

my SA Deluxe import is the same colour :)

Mike F said:
Sure does, just add the details through your profile.

What deatils and where to add them in the profile? Do you mean as a signature?

Baron - good to see you've found the thread! We've got some plots up our chromey sleeves. I'll pm you.

Alex - great bus! My window seals are standard at the moment. The old link toi West Coast Customs doesn't seem to lead to replacement metal trimmed seals.

Dean - can't remember how to alter the bottom bit even though I only did it last Saturday. It must be easy but you have to explore the user panel.

Sorry to drag this thread up from the dead but i remember meeting all the deluxe lot at the 2006 vanfest lineup and thinking it was a bloody fantastic idea! Is partners in chrome an active club and if so can i join?

anyone wants the rank partner in chrome just let me know, i guess you need to post a pic of your van here to qualify?

proof of deluxeness:

IMGP2569copy.jpg

Edit: Ohh partner in chrome, very flash! cheers Johnny :D

Can i get me one please.

DSC00132.jpg

proof ;)

baron said:
scott wilson said:
back at the top please???????? at the end of the day the deluxe model was top of the spec list and should be so here non?
jeez as if i haven`t got better things to stress about :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

top of what?

though clearly they are top in terms of style and sophistication ;) :mrgreen:

Yep, almost two years in NZ now. The green bus was a OZ import - safari beige the colour. I've drifted by the forum once and a while but left the fold and had, until the other week, been driving a 1975 Westy. Sold that with the idea of using the money to get the family back to the UK for a visit. However, the call of the early bay was too strong and ended up putting half of the proceeds down on a very speacial bus...a 1969 RHD Deluxe.......with sunroof :D No plans for her yet other than to sort out the late bay light cluster :roll: It was Savannah beige orginally but first owner, a Reverend based in Hong Kong paid for a new blue paint job before he took ownership. She came with a very nice full length roof rack :) The photos are from the ad. laters

129481433_full.jpg

129478964_full.jpg

129481992_full.jpg

126737567_full.jpg

126737252_full.jpg

126737152_full.jpg

126737232_full.jpg

126736814_full.jpg

126736954_full.jpg

The old deluxe
SANY0137.jpg

SANY0365.jpg