Can't remember where this should go

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score

Last few bits of prep before our first long trip out and camp out in our van. We r off to alive n v dub fri am. It's amazing how much gear there is to sort when I've got young kids.
Our youngest is still waking up 3 or 4 times a night so it's gonna be interesting.
But Looking forward to it :)

Just a quick question
I remember when I was working with my mechanic on the bus , oil change etc he mentioned something about the flexi pipes ( one on the right of the pic )
It's gonna poss b the warmest day of year Tom
He said move it during the summer onto the other hole or during warm weather and the other hole when cold ?
Now I can't remember which is which
In the pic have I got it set on warm air conditions is this correct
If it is correct can someone explain the reason for switching as I've forgotten ?
Thanks

Are you sure that is what he said ?

There should also be a Flexipipe from the oil bath filter to the "stove pipe", this is the bit of tin that captures some of the warm air from under the tins, for cold running. You certainly need to stop the warm air from coming up the stove pipe hole. As I run twin carbs I blocked mine off with a couple of jam jar lids :)
In Warm weather the oil bath filter will draw air from the engine bay, not from the stove pipe. Leave your current pipes in place as they are for the heater system and blow air to the heat exchangers, no point disconnecting these in the summer.

No I'm not sure at all , earlery on the pipe was fixed to the right hand hole of the flexi pipe and I moved it to the left as I'm sure my mechanic said I should do that in warm conditions but I do have moments of brain blank lol so maybe I've got it wrong ill switch it back n speak to him when I see him next
Hope it's ok for a long run Friday am
Thanks for your reply jonboylaw

Looks like you are missing the warm air pipe for the air filter. The silver one doesn't need to move.

Have a look at the other busses at the show. If that doesn't help, I'll be there Sunday and can have a look for you...

Cheers,
Nick

Latest posts