Carb Trouble

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andthepand

Reaction score
I have gone through two Brosol H30/31 carbs in the last 12 months. The original carb was not there when i bought her. I only have a 1600 SP, and on the last carb change switched from a 009 to a SVDA diizzy.

She is a 68-70 devon model first registered april 1970. Does anyone know which carb would have been on her originally, I am guessing either a solex pict 2 or a 3?

Secondly, do i just try and pick up any old second hand one that would be right, and send off for refurb? Or do i look for something specific?

Thanks for helping.

whats wrong with the brosol? they are normally the better ones I thought http://vw-resource.com/carb.html#brosol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi. Both started leaking in the same place, the hanger that supports the accelerator pump arm. Probably coming through the diaphram? Second on has been difficult to tune, with loss of top end power?

Thanks brad, i didnt realise they did original carbs.

Did you buy a pict 2 or 3? Or does it not matter? I cant work out which one is supposed to be on mine?

Cheers

I bought a 34 pict 3, they have cheap ones too but I'd rather pay the extra and go genuine, have a look on the site, fueling then standard carb £200- 250 depends what you want. ;)
Oh yeah a ran out of the box reasonably well, I've still got to set it up properly but run fine straight away, I think they bench test them first but can't remember.

Latest posts