Cargo floor front heater vent pipe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbiscuit

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just thought I'd share another cheap-skate fix in case it helps someone else.

My 1970 bus is a walk-through and has hot-air vents at the front of the cargo floor.
At least, if they were connected to anything they would be hot-air vents.

Underneath the bus, the remaining ends of the original cardboard tube were still clamped to the inlet on the back of the vents and to the outlet tee off the central heat tube running the length of the bus (both 42mm connections)

My control flaps don't quite close, so with the cardboard tube missing, the forward-motion of the bus pushes against the fan-blown hot-air system and defeats it.
When stationary, it warms up the road under the bus.

The tube seems unavailable from the usual suspects. I saw one on a German website for 20-odd quid, but it was cardboard, like the original, which seems a bit rubbish, both in value and function.

So the replacement I found was this: a half-metre of 45mm flexible neoprene brake duct pipe off eBay for £5 ish. It has a hidden steel coil inside to form the shape and nylon string around the outside.

E01A0F4F-C2B4-432B-89CE-A332120C3B79.jpg

I duct-taped the ends to stop them unravelling (seems unlikely) and clamped in-place with 50mm Jubilee clips. I think it looks great. It's just the right length and diameter.
Sorry about the really crap photo, but it was taken with a crap camera at night, outside (which is when and where I get to work on my bus :( )

4A583FBD-B4A4-4A34-8D16-4B68A98DDA45.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Cool, looks good, got a link to it ?
Was gonna use my hose off the old dyson :lol:

http://s911.photobucket.com/user/gas1man/media/20150214_103911_zps5xqe3df9.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found this handy, does not look very good but right size.
No idea were it comes from.

J & P
:D :D :D

I've done exactly the same thing, works perfectly and should last longer than the cardboard alternative.

Latest posts