Devon rear heater vent question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starbiscuit

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has a working Devon interior and can help with how the rear vents work.

Among the junk that came with my bus from the PO was what I think is the original 3/4 width front panel off the rear bench seat.

It has two heater outlet slots on it:

DEF8130A-F34B-49C3-A280-A6C783B9A1CA.jpg

On the back of the board are the metal vents themselves, but no control levers

34C0CFDB-939E-4897-9470-941F22FD9D82.jpg

And on the bus cargo rear floor outlet pipes are these tubes with flaps and operating rod

897F456D-E91A-4E75-AF34-612E81B513F8.jpg

I plan to take the vents off the board and fit them to a new full-width rock-and-roll bed panel, but my question is: how does someone operate the vents while sitting on the seat?

Am I missing some control levers or ducting?

Does anyone have any pics of how it goes together please?

Thanks for reading :D

Thanks sparkywig.

The vent horns look very similar, but I definitely don't have those control levers, or metal curved part that the cable runs around.

They seem to be spot-welded to the vent horns and mine don't obviously look like those bits are missing or removed.

The tube with the flap and the cable entry underneath are spot-on, though.

So maybe I am missing a couple of bits of flexible tube and some control lever gubbins?

But also, those vent horns would not fit on the Devon kick-panel because only the narrow rectangular vent goes through the panel and the control levers would be in the way.

Maybe Devon used the same vent horns and flaps but with a different operating lever?

There's no way that the control cable would reach the kickboard where I currently have the new one, so I just assumed there's something missing :oops:

But I have no idea how close the original was fitted, so that really could be the simplest solution.

I could extend the control cable so it pokes through the kick panel and stick a knob on it and that would do the job.

Thanks for your help :D

Latest posts