CCG 567K is now a member!!!my Danbury is alive!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bin rustin'

Reaction score
Me and my Early Danbury 'Tuppence' are now members.

Its nice to see my bus has already generated a bit of interest with regards to tracking her down!, she is alive and well.

When i say well, i mean she's getting better. Ben down at Bushaus is working his magic on her giving her lots and lots and lots and lots of much needed fresh metal including a new heart consisting of a 1641 and twin Del's.

The major surgery has been a sucess and is now awaiting top and bottom paint back to (or as close as) original sierragelb and pastel white, classic 70's mustard/pooh colour!!!!!. It has been a long time coming, but well worth the wait. I will keep you all informed of her progress.

Great website guys!!!!!!!Keep it up

Spencer (portsmouth)

Attachments

• tupp.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 492
Hi Spencer and welcome. :D

I see you are down in Pompey. My Danbury love afair began down there 36 years ago, when I was just a wee nipper! :D I now live over the other side of Southampton in the Hythe/Waterside area.

I'm glad you're keeping the original colour scheme on your van. That is one of my favourite colours. 8)

Have you joined the VW Danbury Campers group yet? I know your bus is already listed on there. Here is the link.......

http://vwdanburycamper.wetpaint.com/ :D

Doug

Hullo Spence :D I haven't been in work this week as school hols :shock: how's it looking now?(but i have made the new canvas for mine now)

Hi Spencer, not been on the site for ages and just spotted your post - good thing as I had lost your e-mail addy when we had a big move about of furniture and room functions and decorated at half term.
Glad CCG is coming on..........
We are taking our current bus to Cornwall for a few days in a couple of weeks time. We also want to do a Hampshire trip a bit later so will let you know and maybe we can get to see CCG if convenient..........or if you get her on the road before that, perhaps she would like a run out to Powys to be admired by all of us.
I have not forgotten that you want some history and pics. I'll get around to it sometime, honest. When we go to Cornwall we will be visiting our friend that we had CCG from, so will see if he has any pics. etc from his time with her. I think he took her abroad. He was another teacher - Classics - at Peter Symonds, and my husband taught English and various other subjects and was there for 25 years from Grammar School through 6th Form College. The person who owned her before our Classics teacher was the County Surveyor, so we were only no. 3 owners. I guess you will know from the log book who had her after us. How did you find her originally, and I wonder who the young couple were that we saw with her in Scotland, they never told us they were getting rid of her, although I gave them our name and address......................
Never mind, she is safe with you at the moment and all our family know where you live :lol: so if you get rid of her without telling us.................. :twisted:
Seriously, happy camping this summer.........hopefully it will be this summer as she sounds very nearly there...........glad you are keeping the 'proper' colour.........I think it is one of the nicest vw colours. Our new one is a soft creamy white, but it looks good too, if a bit like an icecream van...........
Jenny B.

Jenny B.

You know you are more than welcome to visit the van anytime you're down this way.

What did you call CCG when you owned her? :?: Me and my wife had decided on 'Tuppence' (because she just looks like one!), and our little baby daughter seems to agree. :D :D .

I had purchased the van just after she received a respray (not a bad one, albeit canary yellow and white, but was still over the top of rust :evil: !), in Sandbanks, Poole (and was registered there when i purchased her). After a couple of years or so, the rust started to rear its ugly head again so i planned to take her off the road and get her booked in for major surgery!.

I've been looking through the history file (its huge!) and i see that upto 1995 she only had 4 owners mostly in the southern counties, now i am the 7th (which isn't bad over 37 years) and i plan to keep her for a while longer.

I've also noted all of the m.o.t's/services done in the Winchester area!!!!!

Ben (@ bushaus) has done a super job of bringing her back to life and is now in paint. Keep in touch and i'll p.m you with my email details and phone number. I'd still love to see any pics of her whilst in yours (and others) ownership.

Thanks Jenny,

Spencer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Spence - how is CCG? Not been on the site for months, nor managed to get to Hampshire yet. Should have been down two weeks ago, on way to collect son from Gatwick - but guess who booked with Zoom? Had to reschedule his flight so we could not collect him and a friend did.
Anyway, last time we 'spoke' you said CCG was about to get her paint job. Has it happened? Is she on the road now? Have to say you have not missed much of a summer if she isn't. We have only had ours out three times for overnighters, once to a party so we could stay over and not have to stay 'dry', also had a few picnic days out.
May get down to Hants soon as other son is fed up with keeping a carpet for us in his garage.
No, CCG did not have a name when with us, husband disapproves of names for vehicles, however we did used to refer to her as Apricot Jam Tart. Our current one, as I mentioned earlier, is ice-cream van white, so secretly to me she is Van-illa, but not when he is listening.
Took me ages to get your posting up, I had to search for it while not logged in as I had forgotten my username :roll: Have written it down now.
EB

Latest posts