Changing Dormobiile roof window seals.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey all. How many of you folks have single handidly changed your seals in your roof windows ? Im going to atemptt it next week for both windows because mine are more sealant than seal, leaky and look bad too so they have to be replaced and just thinking is it just a case of put the seal around window and pull through with string and water or anything i need to know ? Cheers 🤙.

Hey all. How many of you folks have single handidly changed your seals in your roof windows ? Im going to atemptt it next week for both windows because mine are more sealant than seal, leaky and look bad too so they have to be replaced and just thinking is it just a case of put the seal around window and pull through with string and water or anything i need to know ? Cheers 🤙.
I live with the sealant....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (same problems)

J & P
:D:D:D

Another tip - leave an overlap. I didn’t and by the time I got to where they join I had a slight gap.
Good luck - although if I can do it then anyone can!! 😂😂😂🌈👍

Another tip - leave an overlap. I didn’t and by the time I got to where they join I had a slight gap.
Good luck - although if I can do it then anyone can!! 😂😂😂🌈👍
Cheers dude. Alan schofield seals have alot left over so il make it as tight as I can. I'm sure I will be ok.. thats the theory anyway ha.

Hey all. I have got a silly question because I've gone a bit airhead I'm not going to lie. Which way up is the seal ? Is it smooth side up or aperture side up top ? Cheers and apologies ha.

Attachments

• 20220813_161324.jpg
    20220813_161324.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220813_161357.jpg
    20220813_161357.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
1660413574496.jpeg
I put mine in with bead on top. Pretty sure I read it up at the time - but i’m no expert. Incidentally they’ve been fine 🌈👍

Hey all. Well at the mo I'm struggling to get the window in. I've had to stop to get ready for work. Another attempt tomorrow. 😐

Hey All. Well the second window is all done now and in place. Waiting for my seal insert tool to come tomorrow ( yep I forgot to get one) and then il thread that all round and then its finally all done 🙂🤙.

Hey all. Well all done and finished. My fingers are swollen and sore putting the seal insert all round in. Not a job I want to do again in a hurry ha but so glad it's finished. Just a clean and a polish up now and I'm good to go. 🤙

Attachments

• 20220822_150338.jpg
    20220822_150338.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts