Children's car seats. What's out there?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graysummers

Reaction score
Little Village on the MidWest Wales Coast
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Crossover
Hi everyone,
The new law and children remaining safe with new rear facing advice. Has anyone found difficulties in all the aspects involved? Are the seat belt considerations easy? Are there problems in housing car seats safely? I want to take the grandkids out and am concerned that I get it spot on. Any advice?

Isofix seat brackets make everything much easier, I clip our 2yr olds out my 3 door abarth into the wifes panda every night and isn't any bother.

My mates who moan when they have to take an isofix out so people can sit in confuses me. Its 2 clips nothing else?, don't see the issue other than bone idleness?

You can get them retro fitted to rear seats, and I'm getting a bracket welded up to have one retro fitted between the two front seats which will be removable.

The rear facing stuff only covers kids under 2 as far as I'm aware? Its more the kids have to be in a proper seat till the age of 12 or equivalent size/weight. Booster seats are a no-no unless already fitted.

Hi Webbaldo. Been reading up on the legalities. My wife's car (a New Polo) has the option you stated. So we're addressing all this with her car. We have seats for the older 4 to 7 year olds. It's the newbies 8 months to 2 year olds. How to put in place a safe system on the back bench seat/rock and roll set up that is worrying. Paul is looking into putting welded anchor points for housing the long rear seat belts for using with forward facing older child seats and adults. He also spoke of the weakness in certain rock and roll designs that meant the whole caboodle could come forwards with the impact of a collision. We are looking into this to get an anchored robust design. I should imagine Front seats that are stock 1960/70s are only suitable for adults. I never had the kids up front when we were on the road. Always in the back. Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. It's the compatible factory fitted fixings/bases in the framework of the car that are in the Isofix system that's confusing me at present. All the best.

Latest posts